9

~*Mitch*~

What?

"What are you talking about?" Woofless laughs at me.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. The pretty city boy with the big nose. What's his name?"

"That is none of your business," I state, adjusting the bag on my shoulder. "And his nose isn't that big." He smirks at my response. What is up with him? He usually isn't like this...

"Does Benja like a city boy?" He raises his eyebrows at me. Why does he want to annoy me so much?

"What are you talking about? We were just talking."

"Right, right. So what happened to your arm there? Kaydee's dogs?" He motions to my bandage; a red stain was clearly present on the white fabric.

"Why are you asking so many questions? This isn't like you. What do you want from me?" He laughs at me again.

"Oh Benja you're hilarious." He wipes a fake tear from his eye before calming down. "Fine. I was wondering if you knew the whereabouts of my gun."

"Kaydee had it last, why not check with her?"

"And how do you know that?" Shoot.

"Oh. Um," I look around desperately for someone, or something that could save me. "I uh..."

"Where is the gun Benja." He pulls out a knife and points it at me. Think Mitch... What would your father do in this situation?

"About a month ago she threatened to kill me with it." Woofless closes his eyes, but doesn't lower the knife.

"Give me your gun then."

"Wait, what?" My eyes widen in shock.

"You heard me. Give me the gun." I nod before reaching into my back pocket and pulling out my gun. I can't believe this is happening... I'm forcefully handing over my gun to a trained-

"What do you think you're doing?" My eyes widen in surprise when I see Jerome shove Woofless' hand away. "That is his weapon. You can't just demand someone to give you a weapon they spent years trying to obtain!" I see Woofless' eyes flicker slightly. Jerome, you're suicidal.

"Do you know who I am city boy?" Woofless places the tip of the knife on Jerome's cheek. "I'm Woofless, the most feared man to ever walk the wastelands. What makes you think I'd listen to some spoiled brat like you?"

"You don't have to recite your autobiography for me to know who you are. Just a name is fine." Jerome states calmly, not looking away from Woofless. Who is this guy? I've never met anyone who can stand up to Woofless like this and not be terrified.

"Don't be smart with me." Woofless growls.

"I'm not being smart, you're just being uneducated." He's dead. Woofless growls again before moving his wrist slightly, making a cut in Jerome's cheek.

"Next time," Woofless moves his hand away, glaring at Jerome. "I won't hold back, City-boy." He kicks Jerome in the stomach, knocking him to the ground. With that, he turns around and storms away.

I crouch down beside Jerome and look at him, still in shock. "I scared him," Jerome says breathlessly. "And now he's mad."

"You're a suicidal idiot," I mutter, helping him up. "How did you do that anyways?"

"Do what?" He looks at me in confusion.

"Stand up to him like that and live to see another day!" I feel like strangling him for his stupidity. "Nobody has lived to tell the tale, and yet here you are!"

"I don't know." He shrugs. "It just didn't seem right that he was forcing you to give up your gun, so I stepped in." You're crazy.

"Don't do it again," I state, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What? Why are you being so protective all of a sudden?"

"Just don't do it. That soon-to-be scar on you cheek is bad enough for me. Woofless isn't someone who should be taken lightly." Jerome's eyebrows furrow.

"I'm not allowed to help the man who saved my life?"

"Not when I'm dealing with people from the wasteland!" I bite my lip after the outburst. "I'm sorry." Without waiting for his response, I turn and walk away. You're an idiot Mitchell.

~*Frags*~

My eyes widen as I watch Benja walk away from the now stunned man. I've never seen him act like that! He usually doesn't care about what happens to people. So what makes that idiot so special? If he wants to die, just let him. Sighing, I turn and walk away from the now large crowd gathered around the guy. This isn't the right time to confront them. I have to wait.