Chapter Four

Laying on her back in the middle of a bed in a hotel room was the human known as Maddie. Standing a few feet away from the bed and staring at her was Casey, watching and waiting for her to wake up. Though the wait was long, she did eventually wake up. 

The young girl sat up slowly and looked around the neat room. She could see Casey standing at the foot of the bed sipping a mug filled with reddish liquid. 

Almost at a loss for words, Maddie pointed a shaky finger at the mug Casey held and asked, "What's in that?"

"Halfling blood. Not as good as human but what are you going to do?" She moved and placed the mug on the side table. "Now, I have a proposition for you. Would you like to become a vampire?"

"Why would I want to become a vampire?" she looked disgusted.

"Well you've been living in the Blood Bar for around a year now and your family thinks that you're dead. You've got no friends other than that nice girl who's still in the Bar, and let's be honest, I can't exactly let you back into society with knowledge of the supernatural world." Casey could've easily removed the memories of the Blood Bar from Maddie's mind, but she decided to omit that information. 

"I-"

"Think about the hassle it would be if you suddenly showed up at him spouting all this nonsense about vampires and such. It really wouldn't be good for anyone." Casey weaseled her way into the girl's mind, making her next words not truly consensual. 

"Ok then. Make me a vampire." She pushed her long brown hair away from her neck. 

"Gladly." Casey took her hands and bit the wrists, injecting a small amount of her vampiric venom. Then, she quickly bit her own wrists and pressed the wounds against the human's. After a few seconds her own wounds closed up. She stood up and after another moment the human began to writhe on the bed. Casey eased her way into her mind and calmed her down, causing her to pass out. 

<_<

Roughly ten minutes later, Maddie sat up with more speed then she had when she sat up the first time. The marks Casey had left on her wrists had vanished. The blue in her eyes was gone, and replaced by a dull red.

She jumped nimbly off of the bed, and landed near Casey. Maddie stared down at the other vampire, really looking at her this time. Casey had the conventional "vampire appearance" that most humans use to stereotype - she had the pale skin and long black hair. On the clothing side - her look was a bit more modern than expected. Casey wore a pair of black skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, a tight dark grey t-shirt, and a pair of black sneakers.

Casey looked up at Maddie staring down at her. After a moment, she asked, "What?"

"Why am I a vampire?" she demanded, her head fuzzy. 

"Well, we shared blood. That's how it works," Casey explained, smiling at the confusion that comes with being changed. 

"I know how it works!" she exclaimed angrily, "I mean why did you do it?"

"Because I wanted to," Casey looked confused, "Is this a trick question?"

"Why me?" Maddie demanded.

"Cause you're pretty," Casey stated, smirking at the girl. 

Angry, Maddie attempted to punch Casey. In a split second, Casey was standing on the opposite side of the room. She didn't teleport, didn't need to for such a short distance. It was simply walking that got her there, walking at such a speed was her original talent, and it was one she was proud of.

"Who are you?" Maddie asked, glaring at the unexpected speed.

"I'm Casey. Nice to meet you." Casey smirked.