Chapter Three

They eventually approached a little corner store, tucked away between a Barnes & Noble and a McDonalds. The automatic door opened, and the three bloodsuckers entered the small establishment. They headed towards the back, where they found a door which had a sheet of looseleaf paper haphazardly taped to it with the words "OuT oF oRDEr" scrawled across it in black sharpie.

"Come on, then." Gerald opened the door, and the three of them entered the small bathroom, which was indeed out of order. The toilet and sink were clearly broken, the walls were dirty, and the mirror was cracked.

The vampires ignored all of this and went towards the only wall that was completely bare from various bathroom appliances. The wall was like the door that'd led to the bar earlier, but it was much larger, designed for groups.

Before going through, Sadie explained, "It's a false wall. The owner rents a whole spell package with soundproofing and space folding. The witch providing it gives them a discount so long as no humans die."

Casey already knew this, but said nothing so as not to embarrass the other vampire. Once they were inside, Casey got the beginnings of an idea and decided to ditch the couple. 

Though the establishment was referred to as the Blood Bar it contained no actual bar, at least not in the way a human might think. It was massive. The walls, ceiling, and floor were all white - save for a few blood stains. Close to the floor, mounted on the wall, there were chains attached to handcuffs attached to humans. The humans were all either unconscious and being fed off of, or just sitting there staring off at nothing.

Hanging from the ceiling, there was a variety of massive cages. The cages contained humans resting up, and being injected with the necessary nutrients they would need to live until the next feeding. The only source of light came from a variety of strategically pleased red laser lights, and there was loud music playing which drowned out all other noise.

There was a surprising number of vampires in the large room. The last time Casey had been here, the whole place had seemed much smaller. Come to think about it, this city never had so many vampires. Something must've happened to cause the population to explode like this. Or maybe this one location had become very popular through the Doors? It was hard to tell. 

While she looked around, Casey slipped in and out of the minds of blood bar's inhabitants. No human or vampire was safe from her prying mind. She didn't go very far into anyone's mind and instead just glanced at surface thoughts, using them to gather a general idea of the area as it was now. The vampire also filed away some extra personal information about these people just in case it became useful in the future. One thing that Casey discovered was that she was the oldest being present at 707. The second oldest was only around 100 years.

Casey walked across the room to open a door set in the wall. It tried to blend into wall, but was easily identified by its slightly darker shade of white. The vampire opened the door, and walked in to see more dim whiteness. As she walked through the room, she noticed that there were walls and other square structures throughout the room. Based on their placing and the minds she could here, they were there to make it seem like the room was empty so that there was some privacy to be had.

Unlike the doors in the main room, there was virtually nothing to give away where there were other structures throughout the room. The few small circular lights scattered throughout the room seemed to be strategically placed in order to make this look like a large empty room. Though the soft light would have tricked most humans, younger vampires, and other beings, Casey could see the different structures with the help of her enhanced eyesight, and casually listening to the thoughts of the humans and other vampires in the room.