New People, New Love

Tayla's P.O.V.

I wanted to show Dallas that the country isn't as boring as it seems, I decided to take him to a club out here.  We are walking to the club and he puts his arm around me.

"What are you doing?" I ask looking at him.  He smiles down at me and pulls me closer.  I don't know why, but I actually kind of like it.

"Have you ever been to the city?" He asked me.  I nodded. "Really when?" He added.

"Not that long ago, I went there to visit Kee-Kee and Jacob with J.J.  I kind of got drunk and was taken to the police station.  They had to bail me out." I answered.  Dally nodded looking satisfied. "So, you're one of the guys who saved those kids from the burning church?" I asked.

"Yeah, how did you know?" He asked me.  I chuckled and thought about my family.

"Because I need to thank you.  You saved my little sister." I said.  He looked at me again and nodded.  We were finally here. "Okay, do you have a fake ID?" I asked.  He whipped out his wallet and I did the same.  We got past the bouncer and walked over to the bar.  We had a few, maybe a lot of drinks.  The music faded and Dal started hitting on me.  I didn't mind one bit.

"Is there some where we can be alone?" He whispered into my neck.  I giggled and lead him upstairs to a bedroom.  I sat on the be and he locked the door, I don't really know what happened after.

J.J.'s P.O.V.

We were all sitting in the living room, Kee-Kee, Johnny, Pony and Abbie were all sleeping on the floor on top of the platform.  Today was one of the days the diner was open 24 hours, so Aramis and my mom weren't home.  I was alone with Soda.  The gang drove back to town and grandpa stayed with us along with Jacob and Soda.

"So, how old are you Soda?" I asked him.  He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"I'm 17.  How old are you?" He said back.

"Same." I replied, I don't think this could get any weirder.  I mean, he's from the cities and I'm from a quiet harmless town in the country.  I hope Kee-Kee understands that it won't be easy for me and Soda if we were in a relationship.  She has been trying to get me out there and dating since I was 13.

"Do you have a job or do you go to school J.J.?" He asked getting comfortable.  I brought my feet up to the couch and rested my head on the arm rest.

"I'm a drop out, I work with my mom at the diner sometimes.  I had to drop out because I'm not that smart, I think the only thing I was passing was PE and speech and debate." I answered.

"Me too, I work at a gas station.  I dropped out because I had to help Darry with the bills, that and I was only passing auto-mechanics and gym." He said.  There was a silence in the room, I heard snoring and turned to Soda who was sleeping.  I walked over to a closet and pulled out a blanket.  The phone rang so I went to answer it.

"Hello, this is the Thompson residence." I said sleepily.

"J.J. it's Tayla, Dally and I are at the police station.  You have to come get us." She rambled.  I woke up from my thoughts.

"Okay slow down.  What did you do this time?" I asked disappointed.

"We were caught drinking under age or some shit like that.  Will you just get us?" She begged.  I sighed and walked over to my mom's room where grandpa was.

"Hey grandpa, can I use your keys?" I asked.  He looked at the time and slightly shook his head. "Why not?" I whined.

"Girl, do you have any idea what time it is?  You must be out of your mind to think I'm gonna let you drive around at 3:00." He said.