All is Well

~~~~~~~~Jacob's P.O.V.~~~~~~~~~

I was in the ambulance sitting next to Kee-Kee's lifeless body.  I felt so guilty I should've just listened.  I knew she didn't want to go back.  I wish I could've caught up with her and save her.  When we finally got to the hospital I saw Darry's truck pull up behind us.  They instantly rushed her into the E.R.

"Umm... hey can I see Keisha Johnson, please?" I asked.

"I'm sorry you can't see her right now.  We have run some blood tests and possibly a cat scan.  She may need stitches.  But we can call you in the morning if you'd like." The nurse offered. 

"Yeah sure that's okay." I said.  So I gave them the Curtis' number.  I thought if I just gave them my phone number my dad would try to hurt her again.

"You know if you want you can stay with us if you'd like."  Soda insisted.  I nodded and the ride to their house was silent.  I couldn't eat.  I could barely sleep because I was so worried.  I saw her back pack and started digging threw it.  I saw a photo album.  I started to look at all the memories we shared with our mom.  After a while I fell asleep and heard the phone ring.

"Hello?" I answerd.

"Hello is this Jacob Johnson?" Asked a female voice.

"Yeah." I said they told me that Kee-Kee was asking for me.  I woke up the guys and we headed for the hospital.  I made sure to grab her bag

"Keisha Johnson." I said.  They lead us down the hall to her room.

~~~~~~~~Kee-Kee's P.O.V.~~~~~~~~

I saw the guys walk in.  A wave of happiness washed over me and I tried to smile at them.

"Hi guys."  I said weakly.  Jacob walked over and stroked my hair.

"Hey trooper.  I called your friend Abbie to let her know you weren't doing so hot." Jacob told me with caring eyes.

"Thanks." I replied.  Abbie was my absolute best friend in the whole world.  If Johnny didn't understand me Abbie would always be there to talk to.  We have been life long friends since grade school.

After talking to Jacob for a while the doctor walked in and shook Jacob's hands.

"Can I leave now?" I asked.  I hate hospitals.

"Well we might need to run another test just to make sure you're ready to go home." The doctor waved the guys away.  I had to have another cat scan and blood test.  The doctor said I was good to go.  I saw that my back pack was on the chair.  So I took out a short sleeve sweater that stopped at my knees and hung off my shoulder and put on some ripped jeans.  I made sure I had my knife with me so I put it in my back pocket.  I looked in the mirror and let my hair down, I noticed that my scar was visible so I clipped my hair to the side to hide it.  Then swung my bag onto my shoulder.

I walked out to see my brother and the gang talking about something.  It looked important so I walked over and wrapped my arms around Soda, and Steve's shoulders making them jump.

"So what's so important?" I said giggling at their reaction.

"It's nothing you need to know." Soda said tickling my neck making me laugh. I hate being ticklish.

"Aww so someone's ticklish huh?" Two-Bit said with a chuckle in his voice.

"You guys didn't know that?" Jacob asked with a confused look on his face.  "This girl flinches at the slightest touch, it's not even funny." All the guys gave me a devious look and winked at eachother.

"Don't even think about it." I said walking out the door.

I decided to walk back to the Curtis house with Johnny and Ponyboy.  As we were walking I saw a familiar face.  She has long blonde hair with natural brown highlights.  She also had bright blue eyes.  And she was about my hight.  I instantly recognized her.

"Hey Abbie!" I cheered running towards her and opening my arms.  When she looked up a smile spread across her face as she ran to me.

"Kee-Kee!  Oh my gosh!" She screamed.  She gave me the biggest hug in history.

"Well who are they?" Abbie asked pointing towards the boys.

"Oh this is Ponyboy and Johnny.  They're greasers too." I introduced them.  After they got to know eachother we all walked back laughing at embarassing stories.