The Truth Comes Out

Kee-Kee's P.O.V.

I woke up on the L-shaped couch.  I turned to see Abbie passed out on the shorter side.  We were covered with this giant quilt, we usually used it for family picnics.  I kicked Abbie's foot waking her up, she rolled over and fell on her arm.  I laughed at her.

"Sorry, let me help you up." I giggled as I put my hand out.  She grabbed me and pulled me on to the ground.  She laughed at me.

"Now we're even." She added.  I shook my head and shoved her playfully.

"Come on, let's go wash my brother's car." I said standing up.  We walked up stairs and got bikini tops and shorts, it was hot outside we didn't want tan lines.  I grabbed a bucket, towel, soap and sponges.  Abbie did the same.

"We're gonna wash your car Jacob." We yelled from down stairs.

I hooked up the hose.  We put the roof up and made sure everything was closed.  When we walked back to the buckets the hose was gone.  Next thing I knew someone blasted us in the butts with freezing cold water.

"Ha ha very funny Jacob." We said turning around.  We turned to see Soda and Dally.  We turned to get the buckets, they were gone.

"Hey, where did-" Abbie started.  Two-Bit and Steve dunked us with water.  I looked over at the garage and saw water guns.  I winked at Abbie and we started 'crying' running to the garage.  Luckily granpa left a cooler of water outside.  When we saw someone walk by we blasted them.

"Aww man." Johnny and Pony said.  We started lauging.

"You think this is funny. Huh?" Pony said.  We laughed even harder.  Soda and Dally were completly dry.  So I sprayed them in their faces.

"No, but that is." Abbie said pointing to them.  Soda grabbed me and Dally grabbed Abbie they carried us out of the garage.  They held us up and Two-Bit and Steve sprayed us with the hose.

"It's SO cold!" We screamed.  I had a flash back of when I was being drowned by socs.  I gasped.

"No, no!  Put me down!  Let go!" I demanded kicking and screaming.  Soda set me down.

"What's wrong?" He asked with a concerned look on his face.

"No, I'm sorry.  I had a flashback.  I'm okay.  Will y'all help us with the car?" I asked.  They nodded.

I was walking over to Johnny he looked bummed.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked him.  He looked up at me.

"Yeah, it's nothin' don't worry about it." He answered.  I looked at him more closely.

"Johnny Cade, you know you can't lie to me.  Now tell me what's on your mind babe." I said.  He looked at me.

"Well, there's something I haven't told you," he started.  I got more curious. "I- I stabbed a soc a few months ago." He finally said.  I looked at him and lifted his chin.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, he tried looking away. "Why didn't you tell me?" I said more sternly.

"Because I didn't want you to look at me like some phyco," He finally said.  Everyone stopped what they were doing. "I thought you would leave me if I told you." He added.  I started to back away.

"How could you not tell me something like that?  How could you hide something from me?  I tell you everything!" I shout.  He looked up at me.

"Oh yeah?  Why didn't you tell me you have nightmares about your dad?  Or that you think about cutting yourself?" He yelled.  My grandpa walked out.

"How did you know that?" I asked softly.  He looked over to my grandpa and Soda, they both looked disappointed.

"You told him?" I asked my grandpa.  He tried to pull me into a hug, I pushed him away and looked at everyone.

"Kiesha, calm down.  I only told him because he wanted to know." My grandpa told me putting his hands on my shoulders.

"That was our secret.  You swore you would never tell." I said as calmly as I could. "What made you ask, Johnny?" I questioned.

"I just wanted to know.  I asked Soda and he thought I should ask your grandpa." He answered I looked at Sodapop.  I shook my head and stomped into the house up to my room.  I looked out my window and the guys were having an arguement.

Johnny's P.O.V.

"Johnny why did you think about asking?" Abbie aske me.  I looked over at her she looked upset with me.

"Is it a crime to know why my girl wants to harm herself?" I asked.  She shook her head.

"It takes time Johnny." She told me.  I looked up at her room and she closed the blinds. I knew I shoulda kept my mouth shut, I thought to myself.