Chapter 40: Messed Up

Start from the beginning

I quickly got in my car making sure to lock the doors behind me. I let a long sigh before removing my hood and looking at the address Paul gave me.

Damn, I really messed up this time.

*Caroline's P.O.V*

"Mirna's I said no and that's final." I sighed before rolling my eyes.

Mirna and I were currently in my bedroom arguing about what I should do for my birthday that's coming up in two weeks. Where has the time gone? Only seems like yesterday we walked into high school for the first time hand in hand ready for a new adventure. Little did we know how drastically our lives would change.

"Oh come on Cara, it will be fun! I mean it's your eighteenth birthday for gods sakes, you must do something! And you got to admit a party sounds good after all the crap that's been going on." Mirna mumbled the last part. I knew she was referring to Jake but I decided to play dumb and act like I wasn't catching on.

I guess I agree, it would be nice to have something to distract myself for a couple of weeks. Give me some time to figure out how I'm going to handle this whole Jake situation. And now Dani hates me so that just adds more gas to my personal mid life crisis fire.

I asked Mirna to come over because I had to tell her the whole ordeal that went down between Liam, Dani, and I. I also told her about Jake's threatening text to me. I'm just so sick of him ruining my life, what did I ever to to him to deserve all this anyway?

"Hello? Earth to Cara?" Mirna said cutting me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, um yeah sure," I quickly mumbled.

"Yeah sure, as in yeah sure we can throw a party?" Mirna asked in excitement with a huge smile on her face. I couldn't let her down even if I wanted to.

"Fine," I sighed as Mirna let out a loud squeal. I'm happy she's happy, I haven't seen her truly smile in a long time. I just don't want a replay of what happened last time I went to a party to happen to me again.

"Girl don't be nervous, this is going to be the hottest birthday party ever!" Mirna assured. "Leave all the planning and decorations to me I'm going to make this a night you'll never forget."

I signed before shooting her a quick smile.

Let's hope that's a good thing...

**

*Harry's P.O.V*

I looked up at the ten story building in front of me. I'd have to admit it was tall, although that's kind of self explanatory. What I liked about it the most is that it looked like a normal fucking apartment complex. Nothing too high tech and new, just normal.

I sighed before pulling a trash bag of my clothes out of my car. I was so paranoid when I went back to my old apartment to pack my things that I only took all the things that I could fit into this trash bag.

Why am I so scared?

'Because you're worst fear is becoming reality.' My conscience pestered.

No! I'm not going to jail, everything will be fine. Paul will help me fix this. I assured myself before making my way into the lobby of the building. After getting my room number I made my way up to the eighth floor before unlocking my apartment with the key Paul gave me.

Once inside I observed my surroundings. Paul wasn't lying when he said it wasn't anything fancy and it was a lot smaller than my last place, but it was still good enough for me. The walls were a light grey and there was a huge black love seat in the living room area. I actually enjoyed the art paintings hanging around the apartment, I don't know I guess they were just cool to look at. The kitchen was already stocked with food I'm guessing Paul knew I would be too lazy to get my own. And there was a table and a few chairs which is what I'm assuming is the dinning table.