Chapter 39: It's Not Safe

(Chapter 39)

*Harry's P.O.V*

What the fuck?

Paul? Dad?

I can honestly say I have never heard those two words in a sentence together.

Well now that I think of it I do recall Paul mentioning he was in a brief marriage, but it happened ages ago. And I know for damn sure he never mentioned having a son. Why wouldn't he tell me about this?

Why do I even give a shit?

"Harry?" Cara whispered softly, I noticed how she attempted to grasp my hand but recoiled when she noticed people were around.

This on the low shit is really starting to get on my nerves...

"Really? I didn't know Paul had a son." Cara finally spoke up in my absence. Looking at Liam as if she was expecting an explanation.

"Oh yeah, sorry..." Liam murmured awkwardly before navigating his way over to one the couches.

"I'm not surprised that you don't know. My dad hasn't really talked to or about me, ever since I told him I didn't want to inherit that musty old gym he owns." The mini Paul murmurs.

What!?

Paul was going to let this prick own the gym?

I could feel the beat of my heart pick up drastically, and the blood was already pumping in my veins as I glared down at.. at.. what the fuck is his name again!?

"I mean no offense to fighting and boxing it's exciting and all, but that's just not a career path" The boy I'm guessing his name is Toby explains before his eyes slowly flick over to Cara.

I swear every time this guy opens up his mouth punching him seems more and more right. He must really be related to Paul. And I'm giving him five more seconds to take his wandering eyes off my Cara before I fucking lose it.

She's not yours remember?

Fucking conscience...

"Harry you staying for the game?" Liam questioned popping a chip into his mouth.

"Um, I can't, I actually have some errands to run." In other words I need to confront Paul and ask him why the hell he has a son and why didn't he tell me.

"Harry, if anything i'd say you're jealous."

Cara's taunting, yet beautiful voice replayed in my head. I am certainly not jealous, I mean why would I be. It's not like Paul's my dad...

I slowly look over my shoulder at Cara who looked like she was lost in thought. As usual.

"Aww! Come on Harry we never hang out anymore!" Louis complained finally peeling his eyes away from the television screen.

I let out an exasperated sigh "Maybe next time, yeah." I tried forcing a small smile but failed.

"I'll walk you out," Cara whispers before leading the way out the front door.

Once outside I waited patiently as Cara shut the door behind us before grasping her wrists and pushing her against the brick wall. My lips immediately connected with hers in a passionate yet eager kiss. I let her wrap her arms around my neck before licking her bottom lip asking for entrance. Deepening the kiss I slowly trailed my fingers down the curve of her hips until I reached her backside and gave it a teasing squeeze, causing Cara to let out a loud squeal.

I couldn't hide the amusement in my features as I pulled away from the now crimson angel. I observed the way her peaceful breaths drastically turned into shallow pants, and her defined lips were now plump.