Chapter 8: I Need You

(Chapter 8)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I woke up with a massively, excruciating, headache. It felt as if someone stuck a bunch of pins and needles into my brain, over and over again. As my eyes started adjusting to the light coming out of the window, I noticed I wasn't in my room. Why does this situation feel so familiar?

I quickly scrambled out of the warm duvet, but froze when I looked down. All I was wearing was a rather large t-shirt, and panties. I was so confused, yet terrified. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the bedroom door opening. I quickly jerked my head towards the door, wincing as the throbbing pain in my head increased.

"Be careful Cara, here, I got you some water." I heard Harry say, whilst holding out a glass of water for me. I was so confused, shocked, happy, and scared, all at the same time.

"W-what are you doing here?" I snapped back coldly, ignoring the water. I didn't want to be mean to Harry, but nothing about this situation looked right. I'm just hoping we didn't....you know....do something I would regret.

"Babe, I live here," Harry chuckled. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks, Oh.

"Sorry, do you know w-what happened? You know l-last night?" I stuttered, hoping it wasn't something bad. I kept my head down, but when Harry didn't respond I looked up at him. He was just staring back at me with those green, piercing, eyes.

"What do you think happened?" He finally asked, whilst setting down the glass of water and walking towards me. I immediately start to back away, I don't know what it is, but something about Harry intimidates me, and it scares me.

"W-well...um...I don't have any pants on." I mumbled, before looking down at my toes. Suddenly, I felt Harry's warm palm on my face. He caressed it lightly, before sliding his fingers to my chin. I finally lifted my head up, once again meeting those beautiful, emerald, orbs.

"Cara," Harry breathed, ducking his head so it was hovering over my ear lobe. "I would never hurt you, or do anything to you against your will." Harry said sternly, with a very serious look on his defined face. I let out a long sigh that I didn't even know I was holding in.

"Well how did I end up here?" I ask, calming down a bit. I watched as Harry picked up the glass of water, handing it to me before he spoke. A small smirk playing on his pink lips, and little dimples on each side of his face. Harry was breath taking, how can anyone fear someone like him?

"Well let's see, you got drunk obviously, then you danced with me..." Harry gave me a cheeky wink before continuing. "Then you tried to beat the living shit out of some wasted chick, Oh then you tried to sleep with me..." Harry fake coughed the last part.

"I did what!" I practically shouted, mainly because of the last part.

"It's okay, I knew you were drunk so I didn't try anything, but sure didn't make it easy." Harry rolled his eyes. I was embarrassed, shocked, and a little sad. Embarrassed that I made a fool of myself in front of Harry last night, shocked that I actually tried to get in a fight, and sad because I drank again, behind Liam's back. I guess Harry noticed my mix of emotions.

"I know you weren't supposed to drink, you told me last night. I just want you to know I wont tell your brother. Your secret's safe with me. Just be a little bit more careful next time." Harry said calmly, I gave him a warm smile before sipping at my water. He just watched me, observing my every move as I sipped the chilled liquid. I began to feel a little uncomfortable so I decided to change the subject.

"So...where are your parents?" I casually asked, Harry never talks about them and I wondered why. I looked up at Harry and noticed that he was very tense, what was his problem?