Chapter 40: Messed Up

(Chapter 40)

Previously on The Fighter:

"You will need to go back to your old apartment and pack your clothes, the quicker you move out the better." Paul reminds.

Wow...so this is really happening?

"You didn't have to do this shit I can afford my own apartment." I murmur almost at a lost for words.

"Harry please I've already had a long night, just take the keys." Paul sighs, he does look like he hasn't had any sleep for hours.

Fuck it.

"Alright, alright, but we will continue this conversation later." I reminded before shoving the keys in my pocket. Just as I was about to ask another question we were interrupted by a loud knock at the door.

I stared at Paul with wide eyes who looked just as confused and worried as I was.

"Who is it?" Paul questioned as I pulled the hood of my hoodie over my head again.

"Er Jerry?" A hesitant voice responded. Jerry?

I glanced at Paul who's whole demeanor seemed to relax as he let out a sigh of relief. Who the fuck is Jerry?

"Trainer," Paul mouthed towards me before quickly making his way towards his office door. "Don't forget Harry the sooner the better." Paul whispered before yanking the steel door open.

Rolling my eyes I quickly slipped passed the two men and started towards the front doors. I need to get out of here before anyone decides to question me.

Once outside I welcomed the cold, foggy, air. As the natural smell of wet tar and grass filled my nostrils. The smell was so familiar.

I never removed my eyes from my car which I could see in the distance.

Okay Harry, you're almost there.

I let out a sigh when I noticed the parking lot was empty for the most part. I lifted my head a bit once I reached my car.

"Excuse me sir?" A familiar voice stopped me in my tracks, it was stern and affirmative.

Shit

**

*Harry's P.O.V*

Stay calm Harry...

I couldn't stop repeating those words in my head as I slowly turned my head to face the familiar officer. I recognized his bright red hair from last night. He was the man that attacked me.

I tried not to linger on the cuts and bruises on his face. They were only reminders of how much of a monster I am.

This is it. I'm going to jail.

I honestly don't know why I'm so surprised, I knew it was bound to happen someday just not so soon.

"You dropped these keys back there." The man says before revealing his bruised hand and handing me the apartment keys Paul just gave me.

You idiot! How could you be so stupid Harry!?

I just nodded before cautiously grabbing the keys off of him, being sure not to make any eye contact. Just stay calm Harry.

The man's eyes narrowed a little before he nodded back and made his way inside the building.

Shit that was too close.