Chapter 15: Why Is This Happening

(Chapter 15)

Harry's P.O.V

I pulled the hood of my black hoodie over my head before jumping out of my car. Partly because it was cold outside, but also because I didn't want anybody to know I was meeting Paul at the gym. After hours at that. I looked at the time on my phone, It was already past midnight. Why did Paul want me to meet him here so late?

When I was inside the lobby I was surprised when it was completely empty. "Paul!" I shouted, only to be met by pure silence. I could feel my guard building up as I made my way into the main gym. Something didn't feel right.

The gym was dark making it really hard to see. I began to make my way over to the light switch, until I felt someone grab me from behind and slam me into the concrete wall. I struggled to get out of their tight grip, but it was almost impossible. Their grip was so tight I began to grunt in pain.

"Who the fuck are you?" I said frustrated. I could hear my teeth grinding together when he didn't answer. My patience time span is not long, it never has been, and it probably never will be.

I didn't know what frustrated me more. Either the fact that this guy hasn't spoken yet, or the fact that I still couldn't get out of his dominating grip.

"You need more work than I thought." The man chuckled under his breath. I could feel my blood freeze, and if it wasn't so dark my face would probably be really pale.

"Paul?" I whispered in disbelief. Suddenly, all the gym light flicked on and I was finally released. I quickly turned around to see a smirking Paul. I rubbed my hand over my newly bruised wrists. "What the fuck was that Paul!?" I boomed in anger. I don't know what made me raise my voice so loud, but I was just pissed. And dare I say, a little embarrassed...

"You think you can go up against an MMA fighter, but you cant get out of a forty year old mans grip." Paul chuckled, before turning his back and walking further into the gym. I was fuming now, I didn't know what else to do but grab Paul by his arm, and slam his back into the side of the boxing ring.

"What are you trying to say!? I'm not good enough!" I shouted in Paul's face, hoping to at least get a reaction out of him. Sadly Paul knew me too well, so he just stood there with that annoying smirk on his face.

"Harry fighting is not always about anger." Paul said calmly, too calm for my liking. "You tend to fight with your anger, when you're supposed to fight intellectually and physically. You need to find something or somebody to channel that anger on, so you're not fed up with it." Paul said, before removing my hands from his arms. "Don't get me wrong Harry you're highly skilled, but you let your anger over power you to where your not thinking about what you're doing. That grip I was giving you would have been very easy to get out of, if you would have just used your head."

I thought back to how Paul had both of my arms pinned against my back. And every time I struggled his grip would just get tighter. I thought harder and that's when it hit me. Maybe if I wasn't so focused on getting my hands out of his grip I would have realized my feet were free. I could have easily kicked him, and/or stomped on his toe. Now that I think of it. I could have done alot of things to get out of that grip. Because he was just focusing on one thing. My hands....

I guess Paul figured out that I had finally realized where I went wrong. "See what i'm trying to say? Harry people would kill to have the kind of gift you have. Especially at such a young age, but you let your anger take advantage of your gift. Yeah, your anger might work on these 'nobody's'.." Paul said, whilst using his fingers to make air quotes. Obviously referring to the word I use to describe my opponents. "But MMA fighters use their heads, and they think of every way to take you down. They are tricky and very smart men, they look for your weak spots and once they find it they attack. There is no holding back with them. With your anger it will be very easy for them to make you extremely angry, angry enough to tire you out. And once your guard is down from exhaustion, well..you get what i'm trying to say?" Paul mumbled the last part.