Part 2 The hope in the hopeless

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The drenching rain had finally stopped when they arrived in Konoha. Tsunade's first priority is to get Dan the medical attention required.

I won't let you slip through my fingers again. Never again. I promise.

Tsunade and four of the best medical-nin Konoha had to offer performed a 12 hour operation to close the gaping wound on his chest.

The explosion caused his brain to swell leaving him in a comatose. He lost so much blood that he needed a blood transfer as well. Basically a bunch of machines is keeping him alive.

After the operation Tsunade went to sit beside him. His breathing is slow almost peaceful. To her his face seems even paler than his pale,blue,hair.

She takes his hand in hers giving it a gentle squeeze. All is silent except for the beeping of the heart monitor and the machines helping him breath.

Suddenly she bursts out in tears. Her brown eyes becoming almost smudged with water. Oh,I'm so sorry Dan. Please forgive me.

4 Days later ....

The hospital door suddenly slides open. Tsunade is sitting in the windowsill staring at the outside world completely oblivious.

"Tsunade!" A cheerful yet familiar voice booms across the room.

She didn't even turn her head or move. Tsunade leans her head against the window and let's out a deep sigh.

"Hey now," he places his large hand gently on her,left, shoulder.

She turns her head. Her face looks like a person who just woke up from a nightmare. Dark circles under her eyes paired with a pale face and messy hair.

"You don't look so good Tsunade," Jiraiya teased.

"Oh,hello Jiraiya," she greeted tired.

He sighs,"Tsunade?"

"What?" She turns her attention towards him.

"I hear you've been here for 4 days now?" He raises a brow.

She doesn't reply.

"Sensei filled me in on the detail," he folds his arms.

"What of it?" Tsunade pulls her knees closer to her chest.

"I'm worried about you," he looks out the window.

"I'm fine."

"Look,sitting around starving yourself and not sleeping isn't helping," he sighs.

She frowns and continues looking out the window.

"Tsunade you have to be strong. Not just for him or yourself but for others as well," he leans against the wall.

"What are you going on about you fool?" She asks annoyed.

"Sooner or later you are going to be sent out on another mission. How do you expect so save others lives if you are tired,weak and hungry?" He made his point.

"I'm ... It's just ..." She stutters.

"Other are depending on you Tsunade. They need you to save them," he said smiling at her.