Chapter Seven: The Fire Powers

Start from the beginning

I smirked and chuckled softly.

~~~~~~~~

Aesha'sPOV

I ran again. It was like deja vu.

My run decreased into a quick walk until I abruptly stopped in my tracks.

If Cole wouldn't listen that Cylene would totally flip about all this. What would make him listen and stop? Of all the people who knew Cylene, he should know about her short temper.

I clenched my fists. I have to stop all of this. I don't want this whole thing with Cole ever. After all, this was supposed to be one of the best seasons for me.

I began forming blue light from my hand. What if I do one last revenge? Will he finally stop? What's the perfect revenge?

I stared the little cold lightshow on my palm. Maybe this is the perfect revenge? I know, if I did this to him, he'll find out about my powers.

If you have feelings for me, then it'll be best to admit it now, his words echoed in my mind.

Ha, me? Have a crush on Cole? Yeah right.

He may be my friend's brother, but that doesn't mean he's not a big jerk. I would've made peace with him if he didn't want to play it hard. If he wanted to do it like that, then I'm fine with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quietly followed Cole as he walked through the halls. He stopped in front of an old abandoned classroom.

That classroom was once an art room but it was soon left. Nobody would go in there 'cause they believe it's haunted. But Cole went straight inside.

The lights were shut and I stood in front of the door, staring at it.

There was kind of a red light from the inside. Okay, now curiosity's getting into me.

I opened the door ever so slowly and silently. Thankfully, he didn't notice me.

What I saw.......Cole had his back turned to me. He suddenly faced sideways and......

Flames were dancing in his palm.

My eyes widened in shock. My whole body was weakening due to the fire. I gripped the doorknob tightly and closed the door silently.

Fire powers. Cole has fire powers.

~~~~~~~~~

"Earth to Aesha, earth to Aesha." I was quickly snapped from my thoughts by Brent.

"Is something wrong? You're spacing out." Kennedy asked.

It was lunchtime and we were at our usual table. I was still caught up about what I saw a while ago. I haven't really thought about it much. I never expected that if someone has ice powers, then somebody else has fire powers.

I guess that was why I hated him so much. We were total opposites. We were natural enemies. That was why we fought.

Everything made sense now.

But there was no way I'm telling my friends about it except for that one person I really need to talk to.

"I'm fine, guys. Cole's been pissing me off lately. Their eyes widened as I told them about the almost kiss and our talk in the hallway. Of course I left the part about his fire powers.

I suddenly saw that creeping smile on Kennedy's face. "What?" I asked.

"You almost kissed, Aesha! Why the heck did you pull away?!" She overreacted.

Annoyed, I threw my head back, "For the millionth time guys, I'm not into him."

"Yeah, right." Brent snickered.

~~~~~~~~~

I walked to the Rogenson mansion. I was dressed in a simple flowery sleeveless shirt and black tights with my hair down.

I cautiously knocked on the door.

"Cy-" I stopped when I saw who answered the door.

Cole leaned on the doorframe, arms crossed. "Cylene's not here so, bye." He started to close the door but I stopped him.

"Just.....just let me stay here until Cylene arrives." I said hesitantly.

Cole's lips curved into a smirk. "You really want to see me, don't you?" He looked at me up and down.

I glared at him. "Just let me in."

Now, as I entered the mansion, I understood why it was hot in here. If I loved the Autumn, then Cole hated it. If his powers worked differently, then he's probably grumpy during this season.

As I sat on the couch and watched Cole head to his room, I didn't dare turn up the cold. I know Cole was already pissed off.

~~~~~~~

"Oh, hey, Aesha. What are you doing here?" Cylene was surprisingly cool when she arrived.

"It's something really important, Cy." I said.

She led me to the kitchen to talk privately. "You're worrying about your powers again?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

I shook my head, completely serious. "It's actually about someone else's powers."

That got her attention. "What are you talking about?" She narrowed her eyes.

"I know everything, Cy. Cole has powers, right?"

Her eyes widened. "How did you know about this?"

I ran my hand through my hair and began telling her what I saw.

"Did he see you?" She asked and I shook my head.

Cylene grabbed my shoulders, her eyes begging. "Listen, Aesha, you can't tell anyone about his powers, you can't tell him about your powers and you can't tell him that you know."

She let out a sigh relief.

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?" I bursted.

"It's for your own good, trust me." She said.

I bit my trembling lip. "But you don't trust me."

"I'm really sorry, Aesha. But with your powers, you can hurt each other. I can't let that happen." Huh, now it's her turn to apologize.

Cylene was trying to be a caring friend and sister. She knew about both powers but kept her mouth shut to protect us. She knew it all...

I exited the mansion quietly and found out I still have a few hours so I went to the cave.

~~~~~~~

Everything was melted. The ice was gone so was the snow and water. Everything was lost. I lost my cave.

~~~~~~~~

Dun dun duuuun! Aesha finally knows!

What do you think happened to the cave? Dedicated to jerry 'coz she's just awesome. Idk if she reads my books.

-Vireen

P.S. You happy now J?