Chapter Fourty Three: Shocking News

Start from the beginning

"How could she go out with someone else?" he said to Kwang Soo.

"Hyung, can you blame her after how badly you treated her the last time you were together."

"Kwang Soo, I didn't want to end our relationship that way...in fact I didn't want it to end it at all but I was angry...angry with her...my stubborness held me back from resolving this issue that I have with her."

"What issue is that, hyung?"

"Kwang Soo, I want you to know that their was nothing really going on between me and that nurse who took care of me...at that time, she became a comfort to me when Ji Hyo wasn't around....my issue with Ji Hyo was why didn't she stay with me at the hospital?...I could have died and she wouldn't know it...she left me there...I was alone and I needed her...if she cared for me, why wasn't she there for me?"

"Is that the reason you shut her out of your life?!....she was so hurt with how you treated her....do you want to know the truth about what she has done for you....she would kill me if she ever found out that I disclosed this information to you," Kwang Soo said.

"What do you mean, Kwang Soo?"

"Hyung, she dropped everything and flew to Macau the minute she found out you were in the hospital.  She stayed by your side the whole time she was there.  When you were in a coma, she sponge bathed you, read to you, played your music, adjusted your pillows and showed pictures of you two together.  She did everything she could to make you comfortable.  She never left your side all that time she was in Macau.  If it was up to her, she would had stayed the whole entire time you were in a coma but due to commitments back home, she had no choice but to leave.  Do you want to know how much she loved and cared for you?  She paid for your hospital expenses.  She did this out of the goodness of her heart and the strong love she had for you." Kwang Soo said angrily.

Furthermore Kwang Soo said, "how selfish of you to break your relationship with her because you thought she didn't care enough for you to be with you during your time of need...I've never met anyone who was as devoted to someone as much as she was to you...and now look what happened...you had her but she's gone...she's moved on...it took her awhile to get over you but she did...she's happy now...you had your chance with her but you blew it with your selfish thoughts....I feel sorry for you because Ji Hyo truly loved you but you treated her like dirt...and now she's out of your life."

Gary felt so guilty and ashamed after Kwang Soo lectured him.  He was just about to say something when the doorbell rang.  Gary went to open the door.  There was a small box on the floor.  It was addressed to him and the return address was from the doctor in Macau.

"This is strange," Gary thought.  "Why would the doctor send me something?"

He opened the box.  Inside was another little box, beautifully wrapped with a card on top.  There was a little note on top of the card. He removed the card from the box and handed the box to Kwang Soo.  Gary then read the note from the doctor. 

To Mr. Kang:  I apologize for sending this to you late.  Just found it the other day, when my wife was cleaning my office.  Your wife gave it to me to hold while she went back home to Korea.  I was suppose to give it to you when you came out of your coma but I had forgotten.  Please accept my apology for the delay in receiving it.

"Wife?" Gary said.

Kwang Soo smiled and told Gary, "hyung it's a long story...I'll tell you later."

Then Gary read the card.

To my love...I have some wonderful news to tell you when you wake up...please get better soon...I love you so much...Ji Hyo.

Just then, Kwang Soo's cell phone rang.  It was Ji Hyo.  She left him a text message.

To: Kwang Soo

Message: Congratulate me!...I'm getting married...so happy!

From: JI Hyo

Both Gary and Kwang Soo were stunned.  Gary's mouth dropped open as he gasped and stumbled back a few steps.  He couldn't believe it. 

To get Gary's mind away from the shocking news that Ji Hyo was going to get married, Kwang Soo handed Gary the box that was from Ji Hyo.  Too stunned to even open the box, he asked Kwang Soo to open it for him. Kwang Soo opened it, unwrapped the tissue paper and removed a pair of tiny green knitted booties.

Gary collapsed on the floor when he saw the little green booties.

"Oh my god...what have I done?" he said.