26. Life changing decision.

Start from the beginning

"Asiyah, he can track you down, fine. But he can't force you to get married to him if you're already married!" Samaah said. Realisation dawned upon me. So this was what Samaah was planning.

"What do you mean?" Asiyah asked.

"I mean, if you don't mind, you can get married to someone else, then Jawad can't disturb you again!" Samaah answered.

"Actually, I'm so fed up of Jawad that in order to get rid of him, I don't mind getting married. But who will marry me? Guys don't fall from the sky, you know!" Asiyah said.

"Don't worry about the guy. Leave that to us. You just decide. And take this advice. Don't just agree to get married out of helplessness, the way we did. It's been five months into our marriage and we're hardly anywhere with your brothers. Yeah, things are better than what they were, but it's like one step front, two steps back. So don't make this decision out of helplessness because you need to get away from Jawad. Because if you do, you'll regret the marriage. Make this decision very carefully, and think over it. You have all the time," Samaah said.

"But Samaah, I can't decide without knowing the guy!" Asiyah said.

"No, you can't. I know that. So that's why, I'll talk to your mum and dad, and we'll go over to the guy's place tomorrow. You'll go to speak with the guy along with one of your brothers, and then, both of you can make the decision. For now, just relax. Try to forget Jawad, try to forget him. You can enroll at my university. I'm going to be done with my finals in two days, but I can show you around before I graduate," Samaah said.

I don't know why, but I couldn't figure out which guy Samaah was planning to get Asiyah married to. Samaah barely knew any guys. I couldn't understand what Samaah was planning, but I just decided to wait and see.

~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~

The next day, in the evening, all of us had gotten ready to take Asiyah's proposal. Samaah had told me who she had in mind for Asiyah. When we talked to my parents-in-law about it, they were over the moon. Asif and Arif didn't know the true reason behind why Asiyah came back, so my mother-in-law told them that she wanted Asiyah to get married, so she told Asiyah to come back home. They bought it without any doubts!

We finally got there and rung the doorbell. I could barely contain my excitement and from the look on Samaah's face, I could tell the same for her.

The door opened and before anyone could react, I flung myself on my brother. "Saamih! I missed you so much! How are you?" I said, not wanting to leave him. He kissed my forehead.

"I missed you too, munchkin!" He whispered in my ear.

I let go of him, only to have Samaah throwing herself on him, and he engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug, similar to the one he gave me.

We all entered inside my old home. Nothing had changed. Over my five months of marriage, I hadn't come here at all, although my mother-in-law used to insist. But I feared if I came here, I would break down and tell my parents that I'm not happy with Asif. I missed this place. Sure, it was a very tiny house, but it had this really cozy, homely feeling to it and I loved it. I nearly exploded with happiness on seeing my parents. Samaah and I rushed to hug them, and the rest greeted them politely, with the exception of my mother-in-law and mum, who hugged each other like schoolgirls.