Chapter 12

"Ahhhh, I'm so bored," Lucy said, sighing as she sat at the bar counter. 

"Why not go on a mission then, Lucy-sama?" Yukino asked. "Don't you need money?" 

Lucy shook her head. "I have all the money I need but there's nothing to spend it on. I've given all my mission money to orphanages and Makarov in order for him to keep the guild upright."

"Why do you have to give it to him?" Sting said, annoyed.

"That's a secret," Lucy replied as she put a finger to her lips and smiled.

"You have too many secrets," Sting said, taking a seat next to Lucy. Nagi glared at him and Sting glared back. "Is there something wrong, chibi?"

"Yeah, actually there is, airhead," Nagi said. 

The two started a glaring war between one another and huffed as they turned away from each other. Rogue sighed, gaining a chuckle from Lucy. The two were the same as ever. It's been a year out of the promised three years and for now, Lucy has agreed on going on missions with Sting and Rogue along with their exceeds. Lucy had been raised to an S-class mage along with Nagi and were able to go on missions with higher rewards. Knowing that Makarov needed the money, Lucy dedicated most of her missions towards trying to keep Fairy Tail from closing down. After all, besides it being her former guild, she had another connection to it. 

"Then do you want to hang out in the town? I heard there's lots of shops opening these days. Maybe you'll find something fun to do there," Sting said after a while, getting back to the topic at hand. 

Lucy thought up the idea for a while before making up her mind. "Sure, why not," she said as she got off her seat and took Nagi by the hand, heading out the guild doors. 

"Mama, mama. Where are we going?" Nagi asked, curious.

"To do something fun," Lucy said smiling down at him.

The two exited the guild with as Sting, Rogue, Yukino, Wendy, Carla, Happy, Lily, Frosch, and Lector looked after them. The nine of them looked at one another.

"Are you going to go after them? Rogue-san? Sting-san?" Wendy asked.

"It's better to leave it," Happy said as he chewed on his fish.

"You're just saying that because you're too lazy to go," Carla stated.

"Aye, sir!" Happy replied cheerfully.

"No, Happy's right. It's better to have the two of them spend time alone", Rogue replied. "Right, Sting?" Rogue looked darkly at Sting and grabbed his shoulder. Sting gulped and turned around with a nervous laugh.

"Y-Yeah. I-I was t-totally going to d-do that," Sting laughed as sweat drops started forming on his face. 

"He wasn't, wasn't he?" Lily said, sighing.

"Frosch thinks so, too!" 

"Yep," Lector said as he looked at his partner with utter disappointment. 

Lucy and Nagi walked hand in hand down the busy streets of Fiore, looking through the shop windows. Catching his eye, Nagi grabbed onto his mother's sleeve and pulled it, causing Lucy to stop and turn around. 

"What is it, Nagi?" Lucy asked. 

"Mama, what's that?" Nagi said, pointing towards a stall. Standing there was a rather old woman with a desk and some banners. There was a bell situated on top of the table and small gifts. But what immediately defined the little event was the brown lottery wheel. 

"Oh. It's a lottery wheel. I haven't seen those in a while," Lucy replied nostalgically. "Want to go take a look, Nagi?" 

Nagi nodded his head in excitement. "En!"