☆Beyond Broken Chapter 7

Chapter Seven: First dates and new friends...

I walked up to Maddie's room, with aunt Paige, and saw my new little baby cousin. She was so cute! She had little freckles, and eyes just like uncle Drew. Some people wonder why they waited so long to have a kid. Well, I say that thirty six is an okay age to have kids at. Plus,, it took uncle Drew like five years to finally be a man and propose.

Just saying, he didn't have to wait until he was twenty seven to pop the question since they were together at the age of twenty two. It was a cute wedding though, I'll give them that. I was the mini maid of honor because I was only ten when they got married. Bryce was the groom's best man or whatever they call the guys.

"You wanna hold her?" Aunt Paige asked me, as I cooed over the baby.

"Can I?" I asked, looking at my aunt and she nodded. Aunt Paige picked up Maddie and gave her to me. Maddie looked at me with big black eyes, and smiled at me. She let out a happy squeal, and I giggled as she grabbed my thumb.

"So how's that crush of yours?" Aunt Paige asked, and I blushed a little, while playing with Maddie. Yes, my aunt knows about Miles. She's basically my best friend, and the mom figure in my life, since I don't have one.

"He's okay. He asked me out yesterday," I said and aunt Paige smiled.

"See I told you he would ask you out on his own because you're awesome," She said and pinched my cheek. She's done that since I was a kid, and I really wish she would stop.

"I hate it when you do that," I groaned and aunt Paige laughed. "And thank you, I know I'm pretty awesome," I joked and laughed. Aunt Paige let out a chuckle, and shook her head.

"Does Bryce know about this boy?" She asked and I sighed while looking down at Maddie.

"I mean I've told him about him once or twice but he doesn't know that I'm going out with him today," I mumbled, my voice growing quiet with each word until it was barely a whisper.

"You know he's gonna freak out when you tell him?" Aunt Paige said and I nodded.

"That's why I don't want to tell him," I said and sighed. "But, I will. Eventually."

"Just don't let your uncle know, or you probably won't ever go on a date again," Aunt Paige said and I rolled my eyes. That would be something my over protective uncle would do. If not him, then Bryce would.

★☆★☆★

We got home sometime later, and I immediately dropped the facade of a happy, stress free girl, then went up to my room. I took off my clothes, and replaced them with a grey 'obey' sweater, and some basketball shorts, then laid back on my bed. I started to text Hunter for a while, until I got a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey, wanna catch a movie with me later?

The message said. Am I supposed to know who this person is? When did I get a new friend?

Me: Uh.. Who is this?

Unknown: Miles

I should've known it was Miles. I completely forgot that I gave him my number and, we were going somewhere today. Wow I forget easily. I am so stupid.

Me: Oh.. Sure. What time?

Unknown: 7:30. I'll pick you up at 7:20

Seven thirty?! Oh there is no way Bryce will let me out of the house. I can't sneak out either! He's like a highly secured system thingy that sees all and knows all.