☆Beyond Broken Chapter 3

Chapter Three: Well if it isn't little miss Grey...

Today was the first day of my new summer job, and to say I wasn't exited, was a lie. I had gotten up early, got dressed, then made some breakfast. Right now I was in the living room, reading a book because who wouldn't. When nine thirty hit, I got up and put on my shoes. I tucked my phone and wallet in my pocket then walked out to my bike.

I got on it, and peddled away from my house to this new job. When I got there, there was maybe ten minutes till my shift started, so I parked my bike out back, and went in after giving myself a pep talk on not being awkward around people I don't know. There were two other teen workers there right now. I really did not want to approach either one of them, but if one of them happens to be the manager, then I should. Even though I really don't want to. I took a deep breath and walked up to the scary looking guy.

"Hi I'm Amber," I said, stretching out my hand and the dude looked at me like I was crazy.

"Okay, not a people person. Good to know," I mumbled and walked away. Time to try my luck with the girl.

"Hi I'm Amber," I said to the girl, and she smiled at me, then shook my hand.

"Hi! I'm Skylar. That over there is Luke. He's not really a people person," She said and I nodded.

"Yeah I could tell."

"You look awfully familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" Skylar asked and I shrugged. "Oh I know. You're Hunter Lem's friend at school, right?"

"Yeah. I don't particularly remember, or know you though."

"Oh I'm usually sitting with the popular kids, and no one ever talks to us. Appearently we intimidate them."

"Oh okay, so what do I do here?"

"Well, Luke runs the cash register, and I help make the ice cream, and there's also other workers who are late, so you can just fill in wherever you see needs help for today since the manager is out," Skylar said and I nodded. For the next few minutes, I talked to Skylar until the shop opened, then got to work.

★☆★☆★

Working at this ice cream shop was pretty cool. There wasn't that many customers, so it was easy to clean up and, most of them were nice. Right now I was running the cash register while Luke was on break, when some teens came in. Unfortunately, it was teens from my school who I don't like.

"Well well well. If it isn't little miss Grey. Ya know maybe I should just call you little blue seeing as you have a sad lonely life," One of the teens named Jasper said and laughed.

"Very funny Casper. Got anymore crappy jokes that don't make sense?" I asked and Jasper glared at me.

"Oh hey its you again," Miles said, and I suddenly felt like throwing up.

"Yeah, hi."

"Do you know where Skylar is?" He asked and I nodded.

"She's working the ice cream. Do you need to talk to her?" I asked and he nodded.

"Skylar! You have some friends out here!" I shouted, and smiled as Jasper covered his ear, while letting out a shriek.

"Sup guys," Skylar said when she was standing by me, at the front.

"Hey Sky, there's a pool party today at four thirty wanna come?" Miles asked her.

"Sure. Amber you wanna come with?"