☆Beyond Broken Chapter 2

Chapter Two: Here's what I think of when I hear Amber Olivia Grey...

Amber Olivia Grey.

What do you think when you hear that name? Some of you might think "Awe what a pretty name she must be a really nice sweet girl."

That's not what I think. Although those people are right, that's the farthest thing from what I think.

Here's what I think when I hear Amber Olivia Grey.

I think of a broken girl with no parents. I think of a girl busting her ass everyday to help keep her place with her brother. I think of a girl with little to none friends. I think of a girl who struggles with depression and anxiety. I think of a girl who has been fighting her whole life. I think of a girl who fears for her brother when he goes away. I think of a girl who gets bullied every day at school. I think of a girl who wears boy clothes and long sleeved shirts to hide cuts. I think of a girl who hides her pain from everyone else. I think of a girl who fakes a smile most of the time.

I think of me.

So, you wanna know my story? Well, buckle your seatbelts because its gonna be a bumpy ride.

This story starts on July 21st. Regan's - my best friends - birthday. We were sitting at the beach watching the sunset. I had my best friends with me and I thought that nothing could tear us apart. We've been friends since kindergarten.

I looked over to Hunter - who is also my best friend - and smiled at him. He smiled back, his blue-green eyes reflecting off the light, and his brown hair blowing in the wind.

"We should go get some food. I'm starving," My friend Samantha said, snapping me to reality as she ran her hand through her messy red hair.

"Yeah we should. Let's go," Hunter said with his deep voice, standing up and towering over all of us. We all stood up and walked back to our bikes. None of us are old enough to drive yet but, I will be on August sixteenth.

"Who's house are we eating from today?" I asked as I put my helmet on over my messy brown hair.

"Let's go to yours. We can order pizza and Bryce probably isn't home yet," Regan said.

"Alright let's go," Hunter said and got on his bike. I did the same thing then looked at him.

"Hey, Hunter."

"Yeah?"

"Last one there has to pay for the pizza!" I said and bolted away.

"Not fair!" I heard him shout after me. I just laughed and pedaled faster, because I knew that Hunter would catch up to me any second now.

"Pedal like the wind bullseye! Yah!" I said and stood up on my bike, going faster. Soon enough I was at my house, and I was the first one there which meant that Hunter had to pay.

"Yes I win again!" I said while getting off of my bike, and taking off my helmet. Hunter rolled up as I parked my bike in the garage.

"How...... are you... not.... out of......... breath?" He asked as he put his bike by mine.

"Hmm, maybe its because I'm not as fat as you," I said with a smirk, and poked him in the arm.

"Once again, it's muscle, not fat," Hunter said, flexing his arms and winking at me. On the inside my heart was beating wildly and my stomach was doing all sorts of tricks, but on the outside I just rolled my eyes.