Chapter 8

Apparently, Hunter thinks that dinner is having a bag of chips and endless bottles of Mountain Dew. Currently, we’re both lounging in his tour bus. It’s actually my first time seeing it, and let me tell you, it’s awesome. When I first arrived, I was greeted by a group of unfamiliar men. They started shooting questions left and right at me, but before I could answer a single one, Hunter appeared. He introduced them as his band (Devo, Matt, Justin, and Andy).

I assumed that having dinner meant that we would go to some fast food chain, but I was very wrong. Matt put in a movie and that’s how the entire band, Hunter, and I ended up watching horror films after horror films while eating chips and drinking Mountain Dew.

The band is all spread out in the lounging area, so there was only one spot to sit left, and I refused to take it. Unfortunately, so did Hunter. I tried convincing him that the floor is very comfy, and he said that if it was so comfy, then he’ll sit on the floor. Long story short, we’re both now sitting on the floor.

“Don’t go into the basement alone!” Andy hollers at the screen, flinging a handful of chips at the girl who is slowly walking down creaky stairs that lead to her basement in the dark. When she reaches the basement, she screams. The image of the ignorant girl’s ex-boyfriend holding her ex-boyfriend’s head with blood dripping out of the bottom and his eyes wide and open. Devo makes a little squeak in terror, but it’s so quiet compared to the girl screaming that I’m the only one who heard him.

“CLICHE!” Justin hoots.

Matt slugs him in the arm. “Shut up! We’re trying to watch a movie!”

Hunter chuckles, a deep noise vibrating in his chest. I have to admit, it’s attractive. Very attractive.

After the movie is over, Andy throws his hands up into the air. “Really?! That’s how it ends!” He crosses his arms. “Well, I’m disappointed.”

I laugh. “Yeah, well, that’s what you get for picking out the crappiest horror film ever made.”

Andy gasps dramatically, causing Hunter to roll his eyes playfully. “Here he goes again,” he mutters.

Andy gasps, “You dare insult my movie-picking skills?”

“Um,” I say, tapping my chin to feign thinking. “I do.”

Matt decides to intervene our bickering. “How about we settle this by letting Harper pick out the next movie?” He glances at everyone in the room. “All in favor?”

Everyone raises their hands.

“Alright. Harper, you can pick your movie now.”

Without any hesitation, I think of the perfect movie. It’s got a pinch of comedy, a dash of romance, a bowl of horror, and a whole bunch of shirtless hot guys. If you can’t tell, it’s literally the best movie in existence.

“Okey dokey then,” I smirk as I pull up the movie on Netflix. “Be prepared for the more epic movie you’re ever gonna see.”

“Doubt it.”

I shoot Andy a glare. He sinks into the couch, causing Hunter to laugh beside me.

The movie starts playing. Right away, it hooks the guys and makes them all sit on the edge of their seats. Throughout the movie, we sit silently, we burst out laughing, and Devo and Andy scream while the rest of us cover our eyes with pillows and such. When the part that makes everyone scream and cover their eyes comes, the pillows are already taken in a flash. I quickly turn away (even though I’ve seen this movie at least five times). Hunter does the same thing I do at the same time, causing us to bump our heads together hard. We both wince, but laugh at it after a few seconds. The band throws their pillows at us, telling us to be quiet.