The Importance of the Black Santa Muerte for protection, revenge and cursing

The problems of injustice and impunity in Mexico have been well-publicized and this is clearly one important reason for the rise of Santa Muerte in popularity there. But, here in the U.S. and in other supposedly more peaceful and just countries many people, especially those who are members of traditionally disenfranchised groups, live daily with injustice and the fear of crime and corruption.

Enemies of Santa Muerte malign her devotees, calling us criminals and prostitutes. But, this is malignant ignorance because the vast majority of devotees of Santa Muerte are not criminals or prostitutes, but are simply not members of the establishment and do not enjoy the privileges of being part of the in-group. The truth is many people become devoted to Santa Muerte after they are victimized by criminals of one class or another. Very often they discover her immense power only after turning to her as a last resort. Very often, they are people without special privileges and without a voice.

There are those who must suffer in silence because giving voice to what is happening to them will only open the door to more crimes against themselves – those who are victims of domestic violence, rape, harassment, stalking and other violent crimes that far more often than not go unpunished. Those people whose lives have been sabotaged over and over again, who have had to rebuild over and over again that which their enemies have destroyed will most understand and appreciate the value of the black aspect of Santa Muerte.

Grimoire of Santa Muerte: Spells and Rituals of Most Holy Death, the Unofficial (Santa Muerte Series) (Volume 1) by Sophia diGregorio

This is why the black aspect of Santa Muerte is very important. The color, black, represents the most important and powerful aspects of Santa Muerte‘s primordial powers. Before there can be healing, love, prosperity and the other necessities of life, there must be peace.

Before a seed can grow in the soil, it must be covered in darkness and protected, it must not be deprived of its nourishment by thieves, its young shoots must not be trampled by the feet of the wicked.

The cover of darkness in which to work on your plans without falling subject to envy, jealousy, greed and sabotage. Secrecy is important for people who may be targeted in some way.

Santa Muerte, working through her black aspect, can help you to establish your privacy and protect you from those who would harm you in any way. Santa Muerte works in secret, in the darkness, to right wrongs, to protect the innocent, to avenge those who love her and to conceal you from anyone who might wish to do you harm.

Not only does the black aspect of Santa Muerte have the power of stopping dangerous and powerful enemies, even causing the death of enemies who wish devotees harm, but provides extremely powerful protection under the cover of darkness. The great owl companion of Santa Muerte provides eyes in the night with which to see an approaching enemy, to learn of his plots and thwart his sabotage.

Keepers of the status quo warn against the evils of revenge. They admonish the wronged parties to forgive their oppressors. They taunt the victims’ because of their need for anonymity. But, there is no peace without justice.

And, to go forward with your life, to pursuit happiness and fulfill your life’s purpose, you must first have peace. You must not be tormented by evil-doers and those who perpetrate evil against you.

Grimoire of Santa Muerte: Spells and Rituals of Most Holy Death, the Unofficial (Santa Muerte Series) (Volume 1) by Sophia diGregorio

This place of peace is a protected one from which you can live and work in safety. All people are naturally entitled to that kind of peace and opportunity to live their lives without sabotage, without betrayal, without constant victimization.

The black Santa Muerte is the most powerful aspect for all those who have been denied justice, who have been left behind by the established system in some way, those who were not born to privilege, those who do not have the benefit of equality under the law, those who have no representation in places of power, those who are oppressed. Santa Muerte is our greatest ally and a source of personal power.