Dwarka city

Another Theory
There is another story which states the submergence of the Dwarka city. Here the 36 years of Kurukshetra war a messenger asked Vasudeva Krishna that in order to save Dwarka city, Vrishnis should take a bath in the sacred waters of the ocean. Hearing this The Yadavas along with their wives travelled to Prabhasa and settled there. Each of them resided in the habitation assigned to them. They had an abundance provision of edibles and drinks. The food which was to be served to high-souled Brahmanas was mixed with wine. This food was later offered to apes and monkeys who enjoyed it, of which drinking formed the chief feature. This aroused a dispute among Satyaki and Kritavarman about the wrong they did during Kurukshetra war. This dispute turned out into a massacre, which resulted in the dissolution of the Yadava heroes.

Arjuna arrived at Dwarka after this incident and asked the chief officers to leave Dwarka within 7 days.  He told everyone that Dwarka is going to sink in the ocean. Arjuna after addressing inhabitants of Dwarka proceeded to the place where Vrishinis were slaughtered.  Arjuna evacuated the Dwarka island on the 7Th day. After all the inhabitants left the Dwarka Island, the ocean flooded the Dwarka city. It is said that on the last journey before death Pandavas saw the Dwarka city covered by ocean.

It is also believed that submergence of the Dwarka kingdom could be due to the tsunami. In 1,500 BC experts and closely associated with the city suggest that after the tsunami the city was covered by the ocean. After the death of Lord Krishna, Arjuna took Krishna’s grandsons to Hastinapur.

According to YS Rawat who was the director of the state archaeology department, this incident could be due to the tsunami. It could be possible that people did not know that such activities of the sea are known as a tsunami.

The secretary of the Shardapith Dwarka, Swami Sadanand Saraswati says Dwarka must be devasted by the oceanic activities. He further added that According to Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna said once he leaves this world there would be no one to save Dwarka.

According to other discoveries, it was stated that the town of Dwarka was destroyed and reconstructed several times. In between 1983-1990 this well-forfeited town of Dwarka was discovered which extended more than half a mile from the shores.