"Are you okay, Mika?" I asked in a worried tone.

"Gosh, Eren! I'm okay! Why with all the questions?!"

"Sorry! I'm just... worried." I said.

"Don't be. I'm fine." She said in a mean and annoyed voice.

I decided it's time to bring up the 'cute guy' from what Armin said earlier to me. I got tired of her being all rude.

"So Mikasa." I said. She replied with a 'hm?' "Are you... hiding something from me?" I asked.

"No Eren. Of course not. I can't and won't hide anything from you." She said in a casual tone and drank some of her drink.

"Hmm. Do you like uh, I don't know... buff men?" I asked. Her face shot up and she looked straight at me with a shocked expression.

"I-I-I-I-I-I... W-What are you saying?" She asked nervously but kept her cool enough not to, say, blow her cover.

"Are you hiding something Mikasa? Because I feel you are." I said.

Then my phone vibrated. I looked at it and saw that Armin sent me a message with a photo attached.

I opened it and saw a picture of a big buff guy with black hair and blue eyes. The message said. "Got a confirmation on the guy. You should thank Jean because he found out."

I replied from under the table so that Mikasa couldn't see.

Me: Thanks bro. Thank him on my behalf for now.

I felt my heart chatter. After all this time, Mikasa is or is thinking about cheating on me.
'Our relationship isn't going to last. It's obvious she doesn't love me anymore' my mind thought.

"What about... tall dudes? Huh, do you like tall dudes?" I asked. My voice was slowly cracking. I could feel my eyes. They were gonna burst into tears at any moment.

"What?! No-no-no-no-no-no! I-I don't! W-What are you trying to say here?" She asked.

"Nothin. Just checking your preferences for some odd reason." I replied.

"I like you. Eren. And only you. You're my only love. We've been together for ages." She stated.

I looked at her with a serious impression. A face that is a mixture between an 'are you kidding me?' face and a 'I am serious here' face. All blended in with a slight seriousness in it.

"Wha?! No! That's not the case! Seeing as how you've been treating me since a few weeks ago!" I replied.

"Mikasa, could you be... cheating on me? After all this time?" I asked with a broken heart.

Mikasa gasped.
"N-N-No! Eren! I can't! It's impossible!" She said. "I'd never do that! Why'd you think that?!" She asked.

Without saying a single word, I got up, paid for my drinks and left the café. The waitress tried to ask me what happened but I said nothing and stormed out of the café.

Tears falling from my eyes and staining the Jacket. 'I couldn't believe it. It was confirmed. Mikasa is cheating on me. Or is she really? I still can't focus on anything. I need time.' I thought to myself as I walked my way back to my home.

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked to see who was calling. It was Mikasa, not a surprise there.

"Hey Eren! *pant * *pant* Where are you? *pant* *pant* Wait!" Mikasa cried.

"What do you want?" I asked her, sadness clear in the tone of my voice. I knew for a fact that I can't talk to Mikasa at the moment. My heart felt broken. I started to feel mistrust towards Mikasa.

"Stop right at your tracks! I'm coming! Wait! Lemme explain!" She said.

"Mikasa. There is nothing for you to explain. I think I- I know... enough. Just... don't talk to me." I said.

"*pant* *pant* You've got the wrong idea! *pant* I'm telling you! Just stop! *pant* *pant* I'll tell you everything!" She said.

Then suddenly I heard running footsteps from behind me. I didn't have to look back to know it's Mikasa. I stopped in my tracks and hung up.

She ran to me and said:"Eren!"

"What?" I asked with a dead voice.

"Let me explain! I was, uh... please let me explain! I... there's a few problems and issues that my family and I are trying to solve. It's gotten all of us tired and angry at each other. But other than that, I
it's no big deal, I swear!" She said, her voice clearly cracking.

I turned around and looked at her. "Clearly you're lying." I said. "I can see through it. You've never been a good liar, at least not to me."

She gasped. "No! I swear to you!" She said and then ran at me and hugged me. I started feeling her tears on my chest.

"Eren! Please don't!! I can't stay without you!" She said.

"*sigh* Fiiine... okay. I'll give you a chance. I hope you can redeem yourself." I said.

She looked at me and kissed me on my lips. I kissed back.

I hope what she's saying is true. But I got a feeling she is still lying. She is hiding something. And I'm going to find out. You in?