10. I despise March

For those who are not familiar with the system in Japan, out school year starts in April and ends in March.
So, naturally March is a month where we all shed tears and give touching speeches.

It also means I have to say goodbye to my students.

I teach high school students, who are studying for university entrance exams.
The exam system in Japan is also different from other countries, if you want to know, please ask.

I love each and every single one of my students,  from the rowdy boys to the giggling girls, every year I look after around 5 to 10 students.

And every year I cry when they call me to say they got in.

I make a lot of my characters after my students, Wattpad isn't my first account, I've written stories in Japanese on Japanese sites before.

On here, let's see.
Seraphina is modeled after one of my very first students, two years ago.
Her name was Satsuki, and she was a very quiet girl, it took me four months of patient communication to get her to actually ask me questions about History, and even then, she wouldn't say exactly what she didn't understand, she wouldn't ask me the same question twice, even if she didn't understand the first time.

She was afraid of being laughed at.

She was afraid I would think she was stupid.

She was only 17, and already she had given up on so many things.

Satsuki always had a smile on her face when she spoke to someone, and I loved that about her.
It meant she cared about her appearance.
It meant she was strong.

My boss? Well, he mistook it for confidence.

He would say, "You can do it, right? Satsuki?"

And she would answer with a sweet smile, "Yes teacher.

Then, one day when she asked me a question, I asked her "did you get that?" and she hesitated for a moment.
So I told her, "it's not a bad thing to ask twice, you know. We ask the same question every day,'how's the weather today?' right?"

I am extremely glad I did.

Talise, is modeled after a student I'm teaching right now.
His name is Youya, a boy with big eyes and a toothy grin.
He also has a weird amount of trust for me.

While he's a bit uncomfortable with my boss, I have no idea why, but he puts utter faith in me, and while it's adorable, it's also a bit unnerving.

Like, when I said I was hungry because I'd forgotten to eat lunch, ten minutes later I find him with a sandwich in his hand.

When my boss tells him to use some kind of text book to study, he's wary, but when I tell him to use a text book, it's instant magic.

Sweetie, you need to stop wagging your tail every time you see me.

Still, I love him to bits.

If any of my students were being bullied...well then, I guess you're just gonna have to feel the wrath of a Law major who has a cop for a dad.

-Noise