Chapter 11

After having showered, I put on my sweatpants and a sweater, tossed my wet hair in a bun, and walked to my computer. I opened my email, knowing that only people who were really desperate to get a hold of me would contact me there.

4 emails from Mom

2 emails from Hunter

1 email from Mad

Taylor,

Hey sweetie, its Mom. Where are you? How are you doing?

Mom

Taylor,

This is Mom, again. I am so worried about you. I know Hunter would not have let you go wherever you are, if he didn't think you were safe. Your Father and I miss you lots. Please Reply, just let me know that you are doing okay, I understand if you want space.

Mom

Taylor,

Please respond, I need to know where you are.

Mom

Taylor!

I'm going to have to search you out myself if you don't respond. You absolutely must contact me! I am your Mother.

Hey T. The surf is great here, you would love it. The boys and I have been ripping it up. I'd like to know how your doing. Do you need anything? Call me, my new number is attached. Love you Sis!

Hunter

Taylor, please call me. We need to talk, I heard something and you need to tell me this isn't true.

Hunter.

Hi Taylor! This it Mad! Where did you go? I really miss you ( and Hunter)! Come home soon!

Mad

All the emails, from my mother were the same, I would have assumed Hunter would have told her where I was headed but apparently not..

Mom,

I am doing just fine. I am in Hawaii, it is beautiful here, the surf is great. Sorry I left so abruptly, I hope all is well. Love You!

Taylor

That should hold her off for a while, I moved onto Hunter, he would be a little more difficult to please.

Hey Hunt. I'm glad your trip is going so well. I miss you like crazy. I'm doing fine here, tell me more about you guys! I'll call you in the morning. Love You!

T

And finally Mad. His email was so sweet, that kid is just the greatest.

Hey Mad Cat!

I am on an epic surf adventure in Hawaii! The surf is totally rad here! I have met some totally awesome guys, you would love them! The beaches here are amazing and the water is warm, unlike home. Hope the Cali life is treating you well!

Taylor.

I shut my computer, I turned to my bed. The sheets were soft and the pillows were just right. I flipped through the channels, settling on a movie about the Mavericks in Northern California. I have to admit, it may be my new favorite movie. The waves were incredible, I would do anything even just to watch. As the credits rolled, I clicked off the TV and started to arrange my pillows.

I couldn't stop thinking about, well, everything. About Chase, and not just the deep secrets he possessed but, also how he made me feel. He literally made my heart want to stop. His short, but shaggy dirty blonde hair made me want to run my hands through it, and his slim but totally buffed body quite simply made me drool. But, more than anything, the look in his eyes. He seemed so compassionate, his eyes were filled with love and laughter, but that was buried underneath something dark and hurt.

And what had Hunter heard? What was it abou-

Just then my phone began to ring, cutting off my thoughts. I jumped out of bed, and scurried to the sound of the familiar ringtone, dodging multiple items on the way. Without looking at the caller ID I picked up the phone.

Hello

Taylor thank God.

Hunter?

Hey. I'm so glad you answered- its not to late there is it?

No, not at all.

Isn't it like, 12:30 there? I'd say thats pretty late

Did you seriously call me just to parent me Hunter? Only you, I swear.

Well someone has got to do it! Anyway, how the hell are you?

I'm fine, its been an... interesting trip.

Interesting? Interesting how? Taylor I heard that-

I'm fine. ... Wait, what did you hear?

Does the name, Chase Collins ring a bell?

My heart stopped.

Y-yes.

Shit, Taylor! You better stay the fuck away from him!

H-how do you even know who he is?

Phillip called me, you know the one who used to live across the street? He said he saw you with that punk, and let me know. He didn't speak with you?

Hunter I haven't seen Phillip in at least ten years, and definitely not here.

He said he saw you, you must not have seen him, that besides the point. Chase is bad news Taylor, have you even heard what he has done?

No

Well good, because I expect you won't be seeing him again. And if you do, why don't you ask him the kind of person he is. Minutes aren't cheap here. I love you, bye.

Click

That was it, he hung up, and was gone. Leaving me shaky, and wondering two things

Where had Phillip seen me?

And what is the hell had Chase done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My night was spent tossing and turning, falling in and out of a restless sleep. After only a few hours, I was awoken by the sunlight. With no option, but to get up, I decided to go on a beach walk to clear my head.Tossing on an old pair of shorts and a tank top, i headed to the lobby and to the sand.

The second my feet touched the water, my mind was immediately in a better state.

Phillip... Phil. The blonde boy that once was so close to my brother.

Then it came to me. It was all so clear.

Phillip was the man with Simon. He was the one I recognized. But why would he tell Hunter Chase was dangerous, if he was more dangerous.

So I know this isn't very long, and I am so so so sorry! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALMOST FIVE HUNDERED READS! Anway, Happy Valentines Day everybody! Hope it was lovely!