Chapter 3

*Picture of Hunter Pierce*

Back at school, my dad pushed his way through the audiance, and trailed close behind, using his towerring height as a path. We navigated the large mobs of people, until I finally spotted my mother. Her blonde hair was cropped to her shoulders, something she had done about a month ago, strangely in time with the fighting. But her tall body and gorgeous attributes still stood out in a crowd. Making our way to the aisle, my dad directed me in, following behind. I sat in-between my Mother and him, the awkwardness was nearly unbearable. I could tell they were both putting on a front, for the sake of my brother and me.

The graduation dragged on, having the last name Pierce, Hunter's name was somewhat late in the readings. When he did step up, they called his name and handed him his diploma, he posed and just about every girl's iphone in the whole school, was raised to take his picture. This included mine, but I had a reason, after all he was my brother. When he stepped off the stage a mob of girls cornered him, wanting God knows what. He pushed each one off politley, and strode towards us. My mom ran up to give him a big hug, then me, and finally my dad. The camera went off at least 200 times after that, and the whole afternoon turned into a blur of time between flashes.

Hunter went out partying with his friends that night, the perfectly acceptable thing to do on a night like this, and though I was also invited to a few, I opted out. The fighting had gotten worse now, I had to come up with a plan for when Hunter left. Plopping on my bed I opened my laptop and clicked onto the airlines website. I needed something that left in 9 days. I typed in the date and clicked the first option that came up.

"Your Hawaiian Getaway, starts here!" the screen read. Good Enough. I typed in the family credit card number, and ordered my ticket. Our family had enormous amounts of money coming from my parent's business as partnering doctors, so funds ran freely. A trip to Hawaii wouldn't even be noticed, but I on the other hand, might be.

*

*

*

*

Each day dragged by slowly. I surfed every morning, swam every evening, and found something to occupy myself with in-between. Some days I did something with a friend, some days I did nothing at all, but each night the guaranteed sound of screaming boomed through the house. I packed up all of my favorite clothing, slowly removing each item from my closet and transferring it to my suitcase. When the 9 days had finally rolled around, I packed up my toiletries, phone, and wallet that contained the funds I would need, into a purse and tiptoed down the stairs. In the kitchen only my brother was sitting, he looked at me with a puzzled glance, spotting my suitcase and large bag.

" I am expecting a good explanation here." He said.

" I'm leaving."

" Where to?" He asked, obviously surprised.

"Hawaii. I have to go my taxi will be here soon." his mouth opened as though he was going to fight me on it, but thought the better of it.

" Let me drive you, T." He said calmly, though it was more of a demand than a question.

"Fine." I replied, knowing I wasn't getting out of this one.

I loaded my bags into his trunk and drove off. In the car he asked me general questions about my trip, answers that I didn't really have. It would be spontaneous. I didn't have a place to stay, a car, or any idea what I would be doing, but I didn't tell him that, knowing he would worry. At the airport he got my bags back out of the trunk and hugged me tight.

"Stay safe T. Don't get into trouble, and if you need me at anytime, just call."

"Hunter you are going out of the country, I can't just call. And do you really think that I can't hold my own?"

"I don't care, I'll pay for the call. I know, but really do stay safe." He kissed my head, hugged me tight "I love you sis, we'll get through this."

And with that I turned around and left. I felt a pang of sadness. This would be my first time traveling without at least my brother, but I was ready. I went through security, got a drink from Starbucks, and waited to board my plane.