Chapter 7

The party was at a mansion about an hour away from the beach. We drove down a row of palm trees, each individually lighted by a small bulb at the bottom of it. The road was very Hollywood. As we got closer I could here the corny electronic music pumping and you could practically smell the alcohol. Josh parked the car and came around to open my door, at least he could show a shred of dignity. We walked together towards the huge front doors that were wide open, I stared up at the huge home. Suddenly Josh's cold hand wrapped around my arm and yanked me inside, people were dancing on tables and playing party games. This was such a classic teenage party, though the crowd was a bit older. He led me to a makeshift bar. 

"What would you like?" Josh asked me. 

" Anything is ok." I didn't usally drink, but I could fake it. 

He ordered himself a hard liquior and me a fruity cocktail. I took it graciously, realizing that I hadn't been much of a lady this trip. 

" Thank You." I gave him my best million-dollar smile. He smirked back, 

" I'll be back in a bit, you'll be ok." 

" Sure, whatever." so much for being classy.  

I milled around the home, it was beautiful. When Josh finally found me again, he was completley hammered. 

" Hey baby." his speach was slurred and he practically hurled himself onto me. 

" Josh. Pull it together!" I half-joked, smacking his arm, but he just got closer to me. I pushed him off my body and he got angry. 

"Baby what's the problem." he teased, in the most psychotic way possible. He shoved me into a bathroom, and began to try to kiss me. I fended him off for as long as possible, but he became strong and adheared himself to me. I squealed as his grip on my arms got stronger.  

"Stop!" I squealed, and he slammed a hand over my mouth. He turned around pinning me to the wall with a foot. The door slammed shut, and the lights clicked out. He became more agressive and I couldn't hold him back any longer. He grabbed me tighter, moving his hands downward, my squirming detered his hands, but his lips still pushed against me. I struggled harder, how could this be the same bubbly guy that gave me a surfboard this afternoon. "Get off." I managed to scream at the top of my lungs. He was more forceful than ever, I felt a hand move under my dress. He was dangerously close. 

As if on cue the door swung open, a shadowy figure appeared in the door. Josh stayed on top of me, so drunk he barley noticed, I squirmed even more. 

"Get off of her." the voice growled, so startling even I was frightened. Josh scrambled into the corner of the bathroom and the figure stepped from the doorway towards him. 

"If i ever see you near her again, it won't end this well." the voice was familiar, I knew it. My thoughts were cloudy, but then it came to me. The voice on the beach, the voice in the white truck, he was back. He turned towards me and scooped me off the floor, placing me gently on my feet.  

"We are leaving." he gently grabbed my arm pulling me towards the front door. Once we reached the open air he guided me towards his truck. I stopped. 

"I didn't need your help." I snapped "I'm fine on my own." I was lying through my teeth but I was already too vulnerable to him. He had helped me multiple times in the past 32 hours, all I had done in return was watch him nearly drown on the beach. In reply he only looked at me, his hazle eyes were sad and hollow. This was the first time I had really been able to study him. He wore a black button up and jeans, the top three buttons were undone, exposing a bit of his chest. His sandy brown hair blew in the wind and he just looked at me, appearing to be studying me the same way I was studying him, then he turned around and got into the car. Reluctantly I followed and got in the passenger side. I slipped my shoes off and pulled my knees to my chest.  

"Thank You... for helping me in there...." I searched my brain for his name. 

"Chase." he said, as if he read my mind. "I am sorry about Josh." he seemed angry and sad at the same time. Chase, I thought. Chase... That was the last thing I rembered of the night. I must have fallen asleep on the way back to his house, because when I woke up, I was back in his bed, the same place as the night before. I got out of the bed, the clock read 2:30 AM. On the dresser there was a large t-shirt and a washcloth layed out for me. I pulled my dress off and tossed it onto my floor and pulled the t-shirt on instead. Then, I walked to the bathroom, I used the washcloth to clear my face. When I did everything I could I fell back into the bed, trying to forget the night's events completly. Chase, I thought again....

________________________________________