Chapter 20: Doritos Sound Like Dumptrucks

Start from the beginning

"That's perfect, our little Hailie." She confirms.

"And her middle name could be Jade." She says and leans her head on my shoulder. This feels good and bad at the same time, but Hailie Jade Mathers, sounds perfect. Our daughter is going to be perfect.

"So what do you say? You think we should raise this baby together?"

Kim knows about Tassy and she should know that I can't just leave her like that.

"I have a girlfriend Kim." I guess I have to remind her.

"And?" She raises her head up to give me a hard glare. Her whole mood changing real quick, back to the Kim I know.

"And, I love her." I know this might break her heart but at least she'll feel what I feel every time she cheats on me.

"How could you love somebody else when you were in love with me just a few months ago?" She gives me a disgusted look.

"The same way you cheat on me and not even care." I didn't even think about it before I said it but I'm glad it came out. This girl just doesn't seem to understand how much she hurt me.

"I gotta go." I stand up from the bench that we were sitting on, "if you need me, I'll be at work."

Natasia's P.O.V

"So how was it?" I jump up when Marshall comes over to talk to me. I was a little too excited to ask him how the appointment went but I don't care.

"It was good. It's a girl." He says while looking at something behind me.

I notice that he was avoiding meeting my eyes but I choose to ignore it.

"Okay." I say anyway.

"Yeah. Well I gotta go to work." He says and stands up from my couch.

"Yeah, me too." I stand with him and grab his hands.

"I love you." I find myself saying this and it still gives me tingles when I say it.

"I love you too." He says and kisses my cheek, "I gotta go. I'll see you later."

When he leaves I sigh and get ready for work.

Laurie comes over so that she can give me a ride and I grab my things so we can leave.

"Marshall's been acting weird today." I say while locking up my apartment.

"What do you mean?" She asks while we walk towards her car.

"He's just," We open the car doors simultaneously and get in, "he went to the clinic with Kim today and came back acting weird. He didn't even want to make eye contact with me."

"Damn. You think they did something?" The thought of Marshall cheating on me has never really crossed my mind. I just thought that Kim would manipulate him into going back to her.

"No, Marshall wouldn't do that." I say trying to convince myself.

"You never know, but what do you think happened?" She glances at me for a second then adverts her eyes back to the road.

"To be honest I don't even know but I should talk to him about it."

"Yeah, you should." She agrees, "Oh and Darren told me he hasn't seen you since the party. He was wondering what's up with you."

"I invited him to your birthday party but he didn't come because he had something going on and I've been hanging out with Marshall so I never really have the time to party with him."

Darren, Laurie and I always partied together but after what happened to me the last time I don't know if I'll feel comfortable doing that again.