○ epilogue ○

bare with me, it'll get confusing for a moment
-unedited-
-
Months go by as jungkook opened his eyes, looking to the side as he sat up. Taking a deep breath, he looked at the older male whom had their pen tapping against their lip.
“And how are you now…” jungkook shrugged as he looked down, fiddling with his fingers. It’d been months since the death of the 6 most important people in his life. “I-i don’t know, Mr. Hong… it’s like I can still feel her, see her, hear her…”

The therapist nodded as he wrote down what the boy was saying. He bit his inner cheek as hummed. The kid was finally 21, but yet he’s been coming here since he was 16.

“Mr. jeon… are you sure these things had happened?” Mr. Hong whispered as the boy nodded. The therapist removes his glasses as he looks at him, unsure of how to tell him. “So you’re telling me, you had an affair with Mr. kim, and Mrs. Kim wanted to kill you and your friends because of it?”

As the boy nods, Mr.Hong stands up, pacing around as he had his back to the boy. He turns as he bends down to the boy’s level.
“Jungkook… that can’t be true because you see… Mr. and Mrs. Kim are still together, Mr. Jung and Mr. Kim Seokjin, aren’t together, neither is Mr. Kim Jimin and Mr. Min Yoongi… in fact, they claim that you just have a crush on him, and had fantasies of you two being together and what it’d be like. And if your brother had been abusive to you before, you should call the co-”

“But it’s true! Everything!” Jungkook states as the therapist shakes their head. “Jungkook… would you like to see for yourself..” he whispered as the boy immediately nods fast. Mr. Hong nods as he takes the boy into his car. As they drive towards the familiar neighborhood, the boy’s smile sinks as the window was open.

There he could see irene in the kitchen with jimin, and taehyung smiling happily, and laughing as if nothing had happened. As if Jimin didn’t die, as if Irene hadn’t done anything wrong, as if Taehyung was not in the hospital… but in fact there in their home, being a happy family. Jungkook couldn’t believe what he was seeing as they then drove past yoongi’s home, only to see the two laughing outside of their house as hoseok had an arm around him.

Then reaching seokjin’s house, there he saw him and his older brother smiling happily as they were getting into the car, holding hands. But there was something that didn’t fit. Something felt as if it was missing.

“Hyung… where’s namjoon?” jungkook whispered as joshua gave him a confused look. The older male practically knows everyone. But as he says ‘namjoon’ he seems to have no clue. “Namjoon? Who’s that?”

As that question popped up, jungkook looked around. This couldn’t be true. Namjoon was always here with him, everyone knew him. He was everyone's tutor, what was going on?
Suddenly he felt the car speed up, as he turns surprised only to see that he was the one driving. Confusion strikes as he turns, too late as a truck hits him, only to wake up in a bed. He felt his chest heaved as he sat upright. Looking around the room suddenly felt familiar as it was a hospital room. The nurse jumped back a bit as she felt startled.

“W-where am i? Why am I here?” she faced him as she checked her clipboard for an answer. “Mr. Jeon.... you were just in a… car accident.”

“W-why? What was I doing? Why was Ii in a hurry?” she nodded as she looked around before stepping close. As if she was gonna tell him something, she wasn’t supposed to. “After your loss of the 7 most important people in your life, you couldn’t take it… you felt alone, you kept denying the fact that everyone was gone… so you tried to drive away from everything. Only you went 20mph more than the speed limit, and crashed.”

He shook his head as he started shaking. He was alone? This had to be not real.... He remembers seeing taehyung in his arms, awake, getting better. There’s no way he could be gone. He needed someone, he just wants someone. Everything felt so confusing, all he wanted was to wake up. It was all he could think about…
Wake up, wake up, wake up-

“Wake up, hey, wake up” the boy slowly woke up to taehyung’s face on top of him. The older male finally sees the boy’s eyes open as he breaths out thankfully. “You kept whimpering, crying, and shaking in your sleep… are you okay?”

As the boy sits up, taehyung cupped his face as he looks into the boys eyes. Sighing as he hugs him tightly. The boy slowly hugs back, as he hiccups. “Are you even real? Are you alive? Am i alive? Wh-”

Taehyung cuts him off by pinching his shoulders as the boy hissed at the pain. The older male chuckled as he kissed his forehead. Making a small smile as he nodded. “What was up with that and your emo phase?”

The older male stands up as he stretched, the boy looked around.

“But.. are they really-”
“Yeah…” taehyung whispered as the boy looked down. Unsure of how to react as he only nods. “You’re real right… you’ll stay with me right…” as the boy asks, looking down, the older male only lifts up his chin nodding. “Always…”

They look at one another for a moment, before the boy kisses his lips. Surprising the older male as he held the boy’s waist. Although they had one another, they knew things would no longer be the same…

6 months later

Jungkook wakes up in the bed alone, as he felt around the bed. Getting up, he slipped on one of taehyung’s dress shirts as it covered his bare body, covering up to his thighs.

As he limps down, due to their… activity last night, he hops down the steps. Hearing the sink turn off, he goes to the kitchen, seeing the older male shirtless, his back to him, jungkook quietly goes up to him. Hugging him from behind, the older male hummed as he turned facing the boy.

“Yes baby?” jungkook felt shivers rush down his spine with the older male’s raspy voice as he smiled. “You love me right…?”

“Of course” taehyung answered as he cups his face, “why, what's wrong?”

The younger male simply smiled as he waved it off, like nothing. Once the two ate breakfast, they cuddled on the couch. Taehyung kisses down his neck as he was trying to play some video games.

“I want kids” taehyung brings up from out of the blue, suddenly the boy dies in his game. frozen in his spot, he puts his controller down. “pardon?”

“I want kids, jungkookie. I think we'll make great parents.” The boy chuckled as he shook his head. Kissing the older male's cheek he hummed. “You're an old man.”

Taehyung pouts as jungkook giggled. He faced him as he sat on the older male's lap, practically straddling him. They end up making out for an hour and a half, before pulling apart with swollen lips.

“Tae… can we go-” the look on the boy's face, made taehyung knew where he meant. He nodded as they got changed. Getting in the car, they drove 5 miles away from their home as a security guard greets them. “Again for them, Mr. Kim?”

“Yes please” jungkook pops his head out the window as the security guard greets him. As they enter, there they went in hand-in-hand before stopping in front of six people. Jungkook bent down as he placed six white flowers on each one. “We miss you… I miss you… everyday, I wish you all didn't had to go through such hell because of me… I pray you're all in a better place, together. We love you… Thank you for being such great people, great friends, I will never forget you all…”

Taehyung bent down as he rubbed his back as he smiled sadly. They nod as they stay a bit longer, before walking out. But if you look at jungkook, he'll promise you… that he thought he'd seen namjoon.

“Let's go home?” Taehyung questions, as the boy nodded. “Let's go.”

--------------------------fin---------------------------