Chapter 22:Back to school with new crushes?!?!

Shelby's POV

Its been a couple of months since I spoke to Max in person. (Sorry for that) But since that day, we've been talking and texting on the phones a lot. But I don't know what we are. Are we a couple? Are we friends? What are we? (You guys are human. That's all I can say)

"Shelby you're gonna be late to school!" Mom shouted.

"Coming!" I replied as I grabbed my phone and my bag and headed down stairs.

I stopped to say bye to my mom, as I opened the door. I walked out the house, seeing my friends waiting for me.

I walked up to them and Jess was the first to greet me with a hug. The guys smiled at me and we all started to walk to school.

Max's POV

"Later mom" I said as I opened the door.

As I was about to head out the door, mom grabbed my wrist and made me turn around.

"Maxwell, your aunt Maria and your uncle Jason sent you this" She said as she gave me a 6 x 6 x 3 sized box that had a blue bow on top. (6 x 6 x 3 boxes are the same size as a box that cakes come in. Picture above)

I looked down at the box she passed to me and glanced back at her before opening it.

A pair of crimson headphones were inside the box.

I stood there with a shocked expression on my face and looked up at my mom.

"Thanks mom!" I said as took her into a big hug.

"Oh, don't thank me. Thank your aunt and uncle. It looks like those cost a fortune." She said glancing at headphones.

"Tell them I said thanks! Later mom." I said as I went through the door and out the house.

As I walked down the street I saw Shelby and her friends walking together. I blushed a little as I stared at her beauty. The way her hair looks in the sunlight; her beautiful eyes that shine; and her cute little smiles and giggles.

"Hey Max!" a voice said cheerfully.

I yelped in surprise. I turned around to see Cory and some other dude next to him. God, he scared me.

"God, you scared me! Don't ever do that!" I said.

"Oh, sorry" Cory said chuckling.

"It's ok, anyways who's this?" I said pointing to the stranger next to him.

"Oh, my name is Nick" He said holding out his hand to greet me.

We shook hands and started to walk to school together.

Uni's POV

"Hey guys!" I yelled as I spotted the three other hybrids.

"Hey Uni" Said Bobby, Kitty and Ann in union.

"So what are we gonna do today?" I asked.

"Don't know. Probably go paint on the school walls again." said Ann.

"Cool" I replied.

"Hey, isn't that the camara-thing that you used to be friends with?" Bobby said in a disgusted tone in his voice.

"Huh?"

Bobby pointed behind me.

I turned around to see Cory with Nick and Max. I glared at Max and heard Cory laugh at something Nick had said. They don't see me.

"Tch, he doesn't matter now. Let's go" I said with a slight hint of pain in my voice.

Shelby's POV