PROLOGUE

"When I die I want to come back as a koi.", I say, creating patterns in the water with my hand.

"Why a koi?", He responds, tilting his head childishly, light brown locks falling in front of his pale blue eyes.

My trail of sight lingers on him a moment before looking back down at the pond water.

"Its just.. Something about them, the way they move.. The calmness.. Its just so.. so..-"

"BEAUTIFUL!", He cuts me off.

" Yeah.." My gold eyes lock with his blue. "Beautiful."

"Then when I die, I want to be a koi too." The 8 year old smiles, dipping his finger in the water, only to have the koi brush up against it, scaring him 10 feet off the ground.

I snicker before helping him up, but instead I get pulled onto the ground. Curiosity hits me and I turn my head to look at the older boy.

"Alex?" I ask quietly.

"Yes Nicotine?" He replays sweetly, almost as if he already knows the question I'm about to ask.

"Why do you want to be a koi when you die?" He bites his lip, pondering my response before grinning widely at me.

"Because I don't want you to be alone. I want to stay by your side forever." He states, pointing at the small pond by our feet, grass swaying in waves across the open fields.

I sit up and look at the pond. A single koi swims off to the other side of the pond.

As our backs hit the soft grass once again staring at the various clouds a peaceful hush greets us warmly.

"Alex?"

"Yes Nicotine?"

"Will you be my best friend forever?"

"Yes Nicotine."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I jolt out of bed, hair pointing at every direction known to mankind. Ugh, I hardly even slept.

My eyes narrow at the pesky alarm clock in a challenging way. That annoying little piece of shi- WAIT!

Recognition hits my eyes when I realize I'm late. I jump out of bed, grabbing a set of clothes. As I do so, I trip over my open bag, spilling the clothes all over the already clothing covered floor. I burst out of my bedroom.

Running to the bathroom to brush my teeth, knowing that I don't have time for a shower, I look into the mirror.

Today's the day. My smile widens and I jump in place, causing my toothbrush to fall out of my mouth on to the floor.

Scowling I pick up the toothbrush and toss it in the trash, being to lazy to wash it.

"Stupid toothbrush, I don't need you I have spares, duh." I laugh out loud to myself.

I point at the trashcan and squint my eyes as if it were to jump out the second I turn around.

"You, Mister Toothbrush, can't ruin my mood BECAUSE I finally, after 11 years, get to see my best friend so ha!" I say, sticking my tongue out and waltzing out of the bathroom only to run face first into my brother, Vin.

He scowled and flicks my forehead. "Watch where you're going, kid."

Being 5 years older then me he gets to call me kid. As much as I hate it I don't care enough to argue this morning, it's a good day. I make my way down the hall towards the living room before I realize.

I'm still in my underwear!

Ugh life. Arriving to my room I throw on some skinny jeans that are 20% jean and 80% holes, following it with a long sleeve VANS T-shirt with the logo big on the back.

Finally grabbing my beanie and phone, stuffing the latter into my back pocket, I make it to the living room.

"I'M READY!" I yell at my mom after glancing at my phone to check the time.

We have to be at the airport in an hour, which is only enough time to drive there. No food stops or anything. Can my mom be any slower?!

Coming from upstairs is a woman with thick long gold hair, almost the same color as my eyes, her eyes being a deep green, ironically the color my hair is currently dyed.

I chuckle to myself and smile at my mom, completely forgetting about the time crisis. My mom smirks at me as she pulls her hair into a low hanging piney tail. Messy but still nice, much like her current attire.

She wore a black Sports Jersey with the number 13 in bold white, complementing the shirt, a pair of plain black sweatpants. She looks way too young to be a mother but what can I say.

"You excited?" She smiles warmly at me.

"YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'M EXCITED!", I yell happily.

A sugary laugh slips out of my mothers lips, and like the domino affect, I began to laugh. We laughed for ages it felt like.

" Well then let's go, shall we?" Opening her hands to show a set of keys. When did she pick those up?! I quickly turn around to look at where the key was once placed, turning back to her when I realize its not there.

She just winks playfully and runs out to the car, only to have me close behind.

I reach for the handle but stop right before I reach it, curling my fingers into a fist and taking a deep breath.

Am I ready? Yes.
We can't just text anymore..
Skype just isn't the same.

A smile catches my blank expression and I fling the door open. After so long I finally get to see him.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"Wake up kiddo!" My mom taps my shoulder.

I don't remember falling asleep.

I make my way outside, noticing that we are here.

"What time is it, ma?" I ask tilting my tired head as we walk into the airport.

"Way to early." She replies motherly. Rolling my eyes I slip out my phone out of my back pocket and click the screen on. 4:28am.

"We have to go he gets off the plane at 4:30!" I scream running down the halls to— I check my phone, reaching his number to shoot a quick message. I hope he responds.

Nicotine: hey we r here wat terminal :))

I almost immediately get a response.
"Terminal A!" A happy voice said behind me, pulling me out of my head and causing me to let out a loud screech.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!", I scold.

" You have my name set as 'Pretty Blue Eyes?'".
He snickers making me scowl.

"Why yes, in fact I d-" I get cut off by his phone being shoved in my face, a wide grin is decoration on his face.

Grabbing the phone I look at the screen only to turn bright red.

"Come on let's go!", I yell at him and my mom. " This place smells like old people and leather!"

Both my mom and Alex roll their eyes in synchronization. Jerks. Yet my mind wonders to the blue eye man of whom I grew up with.

Its been ages since I last saw him. I sneak a glance at him, him and my mom are talking about whatever it is old people talk about. He may only be a year older then me but he acts a million.

'My addiction' his phone had read. I couldn't help but blush just thinking about it.

↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩
HEY GUYS

I hope you like my story, haha.

Comment please, what you say determines if I keep writing or not⚪⚫⚪➡