10. Tuck Me In And Tell Me A Story

Isabelle sat on bleachers that overlooked the lacrosse field. Liam's jacket hung around her shoulders. The lights on the field were just enough for her to read her book. Scott and Liam stood on the field. The Alpha scooped the ball up with his stick before glancing behind him.
"Did you feel that?" he asked, gaining the attention of his sister.
"Feel what?" Liam asked, his lacrosse stick twirling in his hands. Scott turned around and glanced at his Beta
"Thought I heard something," Scott replied. "Forget it. All right, let's keep goin'." Scott turned fully and used his stick to throw the ball, Liam catching it in his own.
"Or we could call it," Liam suggested hopefully.
"We gotta work on your back shots," Scott said.
"Why?" the younger boy asked.
"Liam," Scott stated. "They suck."
"What are you talkin' about?" Liam asked, clearly offended by his Alpha's words.
"You back shots," Scott replied. "Which suck."
Liam looked at Scott and then to Isabelle who glanced up from her book, a smile on her face before she returned to reading. He picked up a ball that had been laying on the ground and threw it, repeating the action as Scott missed all of them. Scott turned around with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"I must've been thinkin' about someone else," Scott said.
"Yeah," Liam agreed. "Maybe someone else who should be Captian?" Liam suggested, throwing the ball.
"We'll make it," Scott encouraged as he caught the ball. The lights suddenly went off, making Isabelle look up with her eyebrows furrowed. She placed the bookmark into the book and picked up her bag. She walked down the bleachers and met up with the two.
"Well, guess we have to go now," Liam spoke.
"No we don't," Scott replied, his red eyes glowing. Liam looked down and then up, his golden eyes glowing.

Liam dropped the ball suddenly, looking over Scott's shoulder.
"What's wrong?" Isabelle asked, her head tilted a bit.
"Something's happening to Mason," Liam replied, dropping his stick and running off. The siblings exchanged a look before running after him. They opened the door to the library and walked inside. Mason and Corey appeared, Mason held a fire extinguisher and Corey held a chair as weapons.
"They were here," Mason said. "The Ghost Riders."
"Here?" Scott questioned. "Just now?"
"I thought they left when the storm left," Liam said.
"I guess not, because two of them were right up there," Mason pointed to the upper part of the library. "We didn't see when they came in. we only saw them when we turned invisible." Liam looked from his best friend to Corey.
"You brought him into this?" Liam asked, stepping forward.
"He was trying to protect me," Mason replied.
"They didn't seem to care about us," Corey spoke. "They walked right by us."
"Then what happened?" Isabelle asked.
"Uh... then they just jumped down and left," Mason replied.
"That's it?" Liam asked, an eyebrow slightly raised. Mason looked at Corey for an answer.
"Yeah," Corey replied.
"They didn't take someone?" Scott asked. "There was nobody else in here?" Corey and Mason looked at each other, Mason looked back the the werewolves.
"No," Corey stuttered. "It was just us."

Isabelle sat on Liam's bed, waiting for him to get out of the shower so that they could watch a movie. She held the controller of his X-Box as she looked through Netflix, stopping at any possible movies that they could watch. Liam walked into his room and flopped onto the bed, bringing Isabelle down with him. Her head laid on his chest as she kept looking through the movies. Liam grabbed the controller from her hands, making her look at him in confusion.
"Don't wanna watch movies," he mumbled, lowering his hands to her lower back and kissing her jaw.

Isabelle and Scott sat in the locker room as he tied his shoe. The siblings looked up as they heard something fall onto the floor, Liam had dropped his bag.
"I blew it, didn't I?" Liam asked. Scott let out a sigh before replying.
"You blew it off," The Alpha replied. "You'd have to be trying in order to blow it." Liam looked down, knowing that the two were slightly disappointed in him.
"Maybe someone else can be Captain," Liam said. "With school work and all the other stuff we have to deal with..."
"Devenford started practice three weeks before us," Isabelle spoke up. "Riverside two weeks."
"We're behind before we even start," Scott added.
"Half our team are idiots that can't even cradle the ball, let alone score," Isabelle said. Scott stood up from the bench.
"Why can't you stay Captain?" Liam asked.
"I'm graduating," Scott replied. "You know, I'm not gonna be here next year. Somebody's gotta step up and fill in the gap. It should be you."
"Yeah?" Liam asked, nodding his head. "Well, Coach doesn't want me. I don't know if the team wants me."
"It's not up to them," Scott said. "It's up to you. You have to want this. Because they're gonna keep comin' at you. They're gonna keep knocking you down. And you have to get back up. You have to show them that you can get back up. Leaders don't run." There was clapping behind Liam, gaining the attention of the teens.
"Now that's what I'm talkin' about, McCall. That's exactly the intensity this team needs," Coach said and then focused his attention onto Liam. "And you, I'm lookin' forward to crushing that little adorable baby face of yours." Coach turned around while snickering as he walked into his office, closing the door behind him. Liam looked at the siblings who shook their heads at the man.