The Freedom of Draco Malfoy

Start from the beginning

Everyone was watching the twins talk with frustration as their heads moved back and forth from one to the other. All except Pansy and Blaise. They watched the twins talk with fond smiles. Interesting. A lot must have happened in the past week, Harry mused. There was a story there. He just knew it, he would have to weasel it out of one of them. Harry caught Pansy's eye and raised a brow when she flushed all over. Oh definitely a story there.

Harry shrugged uncomfortably under the Fred and George's praise. Lucius cleared his throat and Harry stepped away from Draco narrowing his eyes. Oh boy, here we go. This ought to be good.

"It would appear that I owe you my sincerest gratitude." Lucius said smoothly. Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Oh no, that just won't do." Lucius furrowed his brows in confusion. "You owe me far more than just your gratitude." Lucius stood up straighter and narrowed his eyes.

"The only and I do mean only reason I lied for you up there was for Draco. For some godforsaken reason he loves you. Why would he love you? Your guess is as good as mine." Narcissa gasped. Harry paid her no mind. He was having way too much fun baiting the man. Lucius looked like he wanted to hit Harry.

"Not only did I keep your pitiful existence out of Azkaban, I kept your entire family out. I saved your family wealth and helped your tarnished reputation. You owe me Lucius Malfoy." Harry said with a growl.

"If it's money you-" Harry cut him off before he could even start. "I don't need nor want your money. As it so happens I know exactly how you can repay me." Lucius arched a brow.

Harry pulled out another parchment from his brief case. The magic radiating off of it let the others know it was a contract of some kind. "What makes you think I will sign that?" Lucius scoffed before even reading it.

Harry smirked in response. "As easily as I saved you, I can easily destroy you." Harry warned. Harry adopted a picture of innocence. "All I have to do is go to Fudge and tell him how the big bad deatheater Lucius Malfoy threatened me into testifying for him. And how scared I was to defy Voldemort's right hand man. Oh the horror! 'Mister Fudge, I am so sorry! He was just so scary!'" Harry said blinking his eyes rapidly and producing a very believable sniffle.

"I am the savior of the world Mister Malfoy, they would believe me over you in a heartbeat." Harry promised with a smirk that made his previous act of innocence fade fast.

Lucius narrowed his eyes in anger. The nerve of the impertinent brat. Harry could tell by the stiff positioning of his legs that Lucius was just itching to curse him. Harry smiled sweetly and a tad condescending as he handed over the contract.

Draco was impressed with the way Harry stood up to his father. It was thrilling to see Harry so in charge and dangerous. He quite liked it. He wondered how Harry had the time to put all of this together, then it hit him. Draco wanted to smack himself for not figuring it out sooner. Harry's top secret project was this! All those late nights and grueling hours had been spent on this. Harry did all of this for him. Draco sent Harry a powerful push of love. Draco wondered if he should care that Harry was threatening his father. He paused to think about it. Did it bother him? Mmm... no. He couldn't bring himself to give a damn. His father deserved whatever it was that was on that contract. As far as Draco was concerned, his father got off way too light. If ever there was someone who deserved Azkaban it was his father. So Harry was doing his father a great service indeed.

Harry reached behind him and squeezed Draco's hand but kept his eyes trained on Lucius. Something that everyone noticed.

By the time Lucius was done reading the contract his eyebrows were nearly nonexistent, they were so high into his hair line Harry wondered if they could get stuck up there. That would certainly make the man appear less intimidating. "This is all you want?" He asked thickly.