Chapter 8

I awoke, Noir was laying on my chest. I blushed but quickly remembered the throbbing pain in my ankle. Noir woke up soon after. She sat up quickly blushing herself. I pretended not to see. No need for awkwardness. 

"We need to find Evan," I said attempted to get up but failed utterly.

"I will find Evan, you can't go anywhere like that. What if you got caught?" She tried to persuade me.

"It wouldn't be any better with me stuck here." 

"So being caught is going to help you find Evan?" she raised her brow.

I scoffed,"Fine. You win."

She smiled,"Even if I go, what are you going to do while you're here alone?"

"Meet up with a friend." 

"I'll help you get there." Noir said standing up,"Lets go." 

She pulled me up by my arm. I never realized how strong she really was. After I told her were to go we hobbled off. A while later we were there. 

"Have you ever been in a crack house?" I asked admiring the shitty building. 

"No? Why the hell would you ask that?" She looked at me with her forehead scrunched.

"Well, I was gonna say it's like that, but a tiny bit better."

She sighed lightly," Okay, what should I expect other than a not-so-quite crack house?"

"Well, imagine a lot of dirty kids and old people, all of which are homeless and probably on drugs."

Now that I think about it that's basically a crack house.

"Okay? Anything else?" 

"Try to act tough, look no-one straight in the eye but be subtle, and try to hide the fact that I am basically crippled." I said let a out a big breath.

With a slight nod she helped me to the door. I pushed it open just enough to squeeze through. Immediately as I stepped in the gag made us both gag. 

"Upstairs," I said whispering. 

We passed by many smelly, passed out people on the way. Boy! was I glad to get to those stairs. Man that was the lamest thing I have ever thought. Noir started up the stairs trying her best to look intimidating, which looked absolutely hilarious and scary at the same time. Soon, we reached the top. Around the top of the stairs were a few kids, some horribly sick or drugged up enough to see Santa all year round.

"Hey, shit-head," was all I heard before stopped on my good foot. 

I instantly pulled back, causing a horrible feeling in my butt. 

"Is this the friend?" Noir asked alarmed trying to help me up while at the same time eyeing her.

"Nope," I said though gritted teeth.

"You still owe me fifty bucks." She spoke.

"That's Nikaela. I said I would get your money and I will," I said as I finally managed to stand.

"No, you won't," Nikaela scoffed.

"I'm Noir," Noir said butting in. 

I swear. Can't I just have a conversation without mom joining?

"Don't care," Nikaela replied rolling her eyes. 

I hope they get stuck.

"We're looking for Devil." I sighed wanting this to hurry up. 

I just needed some pills. Woah, now listen, I'm not an addict. Give me a break. I broke my ankle!

"Alright, what do I get."

"Get? What do you mean?" Noir said looking her over critically.

"This is how it works. You want something, anything, you have to give me something in return."

I swear, this rule is stupid.

"Fine, What do you want fifty?" I asked trying not to show my annoyance too much.

"You'd never pay it. How about a race."

I gulped. Hmmm. Now that wouldn't be the best.

"Alright, I'll race you." Noir standing smiling.

She seemed to welcome this challenge.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I know this may not be the best, but I've had a horrible day and I felt bad for taking so long to publish this. I hope you enjoy it. I love you all. 

Yes, I do realize some things I say in the book may not be true or may not occur. This is written for entertainment values.

Disclaimer : I own everyone of these characters except for Noir Fantome. She belongs to Septrica 

Also I might change the cover photo to a close up picture of No Name. And yes he has a secret name. Might be told in chapter eleven or so. Unless it was already said and I just forgot. That's entirely plausible. I have the memory of a goldfish.