Chapter One

I was hiding under a bridge. I had been for a while. I was pretty bored, but before I could even sigh a policeman shoved a light in my face. My eyes widened, and I ran before he could grab me. He got into his car and turned on his siren. I heard another siren close by. Geez, was I that famous? I ran toward an alleyway. A girl ran by and joined me running. It seemed like she didn't even notice me. We turned into a different alleyway. I jumped up the ladder on the side of the building.

          The police came around the corner. I held my hand out to her. I got a good look at her. She had long black hair and traitorous light green eyes, which almost made me retract my hand.  She reached her arm out and caught my hand. I pulled her up. The cops tried to catch our feet while talking on their walkie talkie thingies. I began climbing to the top. In no time I was on the roof. She followed me. I felt like I shouldn't trust her, but for some reason I couldn't help but have faith in her that she wouldn't hurt me even from her eyes. I ran along the rooftops jumping over the gaps. We could hear more sirens in the distance along with other city life.

     "I think we lost them," I said arriving on top of an abandoned building.

       I had set up a little shelter there. I had a few blankets, some stolen magazines, and food.

      "My name is Noir. Uhm, could I stay a bit?"

     Her voice was soft like a whisper. I could barely hear her. It went against every fiber of my being to let her stay , but I needed someone to help me since Evan.

     "Don't expect to just stay here without payment. If you want to stay you have to steal and fight with me," I said passing her a blanket and an oatmeal bar.

      "Of course I will," she said taking the blanket.

       "I'm No Name, nobody gets my real name," I said pulling the blanket on top of me and laying my head down on some magazines.

        "Okay," she answered.

     I heard Noir cover up and turn away from me. Slowly, I fell into a light sleep.