"Hey hero hair," I chuckled, "you saved me from a boring night."

His lips laced with a genuine smile, as we took in the comfortable tension we shared.

"I see your a Budweiser type of boy." I commenced a new conversation, gesturing towards the beer brand grasped in his hand.

"I see your a Corona type of girl."

"Maybe it's a secret society of our horoscope signs that we should be friends." He declared his point.

I chuckled an entertained laugh at his silly saying, "Meredith."

"Jasper."

We molded our hands together, gazing into each others orbs.
We both took note that we were looking too long, and separated our intertwined hands.
A smiled stretched across my lips, as I gazed back out into the crowd.

"Why aren't you having fun with your friends?" Jasper inquired; looking into my solitary structure away from my friends.

"I don't know," I hesitated my answer, "it's like once you connect with yourself, it seems impossible to be lonely." I forced a smile on my face, taking a long swig of the icy beer.

"Don't misunderstand what I meant-it's just sometimes being alone and enjoying yourself makes you feel trustworthy and self-confident in your own skin." I elucidated, watching as the girls tangled with many guys as they danced wildly.

"Sorry for being a quote-able brainwash." I sighed out, taking a swig of the bitter beer.

"You're more than just that."

My phone buzzed in my pocket, making me internally groan at the interruption between our heart to heart moment.

Caller ID
Denise

"Uh, I'm sorry, I have to take this." I sighed out.
I planted my sweet lips on his cheek, saluting him as I paced through the bodies and outside where the fresh air hit against my face.

"What's up?"

"Just wanted to check up on you. Your dad wants me to make sure you get home safely and aren't into trouble." Denise elucidated, snorting out at the mention of my dad.

"Oh. Well, I'm fine. I'll be home at around eleven, at the latest twelve."

"Okay. Don't get wasted kid." Denise itched out a laugher after her motherly implement.

"Will do, mom." I saluted, my heart falling at the mention of calling another women mom.

"Take care."

I hung up.

I dangled my phone in my hands, standing there.

The sound of many feet nearby scraped against the concrete, causing me to scrunch my eyebrows.

A batch of teenage boys that I knew too well trotted in the direction of the house, taking acknowledgment that I was standing on the exterior of it alone.