05

Monday // 8:12am

Monday // 8:12am

I had disregarded people trying to get in touch with me after the incident that had happened at the party.
I barricaded myself in my room over the weekend, not speaking a word to anyone.

Believe it or not, I actually made it to school this morning.

My grey hoodie was tossed lazily over my head, my hands dug into the hoodie's pockets, my backpack draping over both my tensed shoulders, as I was slowly trudging past many whispering groups of people.

"Did you hear that she slept with her teacher?" A girl's voice faintly recited, but still audible for me to hear as I sauntered past them.

"Yeah, such a whore." Another girl tittered at her recitation. I let my eyes flutter close for a moment, taking in that this was what people thought of me now.

"What is that Yakuza boy doing here?" Another one inquired, making me tense at the name.

"Meredith!" A familiar voice bawled out across the lot, making me stop stiffly in my tracks, the cool breeze hitting my flustered and gloomy face.

Keith.

I turned around gradually, uniting both our distressed eyes together, his chest heaving.

What the hell was he doing here?

He strided in my direction, as deep, intimate stares were perused our way. I scrunched my eyebrows together as he approached me, towering over my solitude body.

"What are you doing here?" I muttered.

"I wanted to see if you were okay.." Keith soothed, searching my bewildered pupils.

"You could've called." I implied, fidgeting with my fingers that were dug into the hoodie's fabriced pockets.

"You wouldn't have answered." He avowed, seeming baffled by my choice of argument.
I bit on my lower lip, not knowing what to eloquently imply next.

"I know...we've been distant lately. But that doesn't change that I don't want to see you and wonder how you are, Meredith." He soothed.

"And, I heard shit went down at the party." He cooed, a faint sigh escaping his lips.

"She said things - horrible things." I spoke, in a most inaudible voice, only him being the one to hear.