12

Everyone had left their separate ways in the morning a bit after breakfast, saying their thanks and salutations from the sleepover event last night

I was sprawled out on my disheveled bed I didn't bother to make, swiping through many social media platforms.

I could hear the soothing sounds of birds chirping and the rushing of vehicles passing by occasionally.

I felt something.
A spark.
Something I haven't felt since the first time I laid my lips on Keith's.
It was intoxicating;
This feeling.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a mature female voice declaring a statement a little ways from my window.
I gathered all my strength to progress to my window.

"This is our new home!"

I pushed the curtains to the side, seeking information from the abrupt announcement.
I scrunched my eyebrows together in bewilderment seeing two female forms outside the house directly in front of mine.
I peeked a look at the 'for sale' sign, seeing now it was stamped with 'sold'.

I squinted my eyebrows to take a closer look at the new home owners.
The older women had light-brown chestnut colored hair, while the younger female had platinum blonde hair.
They both were smiley; showing off their pearly whites, taking in the environment.

My vision to examine them was hazy, considering they were distanced away from me.
I ambled my way down the stairs, clutching onto my phone, creaking the front door open and securing it close behind me.
The breeze hit against my frigid bare face, my hair soaring every which direction occasionally from the gusts of wind.
I laced my hands over my chest to cool down the goosebumps arising.

"Hello." I divulged my unknown presence towards the two, causing them to swivel around to acknowledge me.
"Good evening." The older female said.

"Uh, I'm Meredith Holland. I live across the way with my dad." I greeted, elevating my hand up with a polite gesture for her to shake.

"Denise Caverly," She cupped her hand in mine, shaking it, "and this is my daughter Dorian." She pointed out to the younger girl who gave me a bashful smile.
I returned one back, seeing the shyness molded in her orbs.

An u-haul truck vigilantly parked near the curb of the house, hugging the sidewalk, as Denise trudged her way over to start unloading the stocked vehicle.

"So, what school are you going to attend?"

"Hartvig Nissen."