Ch.22: A Game of Operation

【Very detailed chapter】

Flashback~

"Hey Jason, Joshua, come and look at this." The father called out to his sons as he peered over an operating table. The two youngsters leaped off the second step of the basement stairs and ran towards the table, filled with curiosity. They had always watched their father dissect things, but today he was dissecting something huge, compared to everything else. It was a baby cow, one he had bought off of the black market, but to them they thought he was just doing it for his job. The twins marveled at the calf and smiled in excitement. "Watch this." The dad enthused as he cut open the stomach, displaying its organs like a puzzle. Josh was a bit jumpy as the blood poured out but he thought about how this was his father's job and passion. He wanted to become just like his father one day.

"Daddy, can I try?" Jason asked as he visibly bounced in his spot.

His father hesitated, "Let me quiz you first." He proceeded to ask questions about which organ was which and how he should properly cut them off. He aced it, seeing as he had been watching his father perform dissectiond all the time. "Good job, kid. Do me a favor and take out the kidney." He handed him a scalpel, but stopped as the child's hands reached out. "Be very careful with this, and do not think or do anything stupid. Or else." Jason looked up towards him with innocent eyes and nodded while he took the tool in his small hands.

(Ok quick side note. I was reading back in the story to make sure I have everything in line when I realized everyone in the story has daddy issues. I'm sorry if thats offensive to anyone I just found it weird how I did that without knowing)

He slowly inched the scalpel towards the kidney. His eyes focused on the dark red organ, and made contact with the tub connected to the kidney. He somehow felt a wave of power over the baby cow. Something snapped in him and he started to smile. He quickly sliced it off and began to cut other organs without being told. Josh saw the look in his eyes and began to shiver and looked up tonhis father. Their father watched as the boy continued to slice without a problem. He grew worried and finally acted by grabbing the boy's hand.

"Ok ok thats enough." He nervously laughed but pulled Josh to the side. "Josh, I need you to tell your mother about this." He nodded and did as told, while the man looked back at Jason who was simply staring at the cow. He regretted giving him the scalpel.

A few months, and many doctors visits, later, The mother came home with something for Jason. "Jason! Come here, sport. We got something for you!" The father called the son down from his room. He bounced down the stairs with a smile on his face, and sat in front of the two parents. "Now son, we have something that's gonna help you with some of you're um... thoughts." The atmosphere changed, and Jason could tell it wasn't something good. "Here." The mother took out a bottle of pills and scooted them across the table. "These are going to calm you down." He said trying to make the child feel better.

"You're giving me drugs?! I don't need these I'm fine! I don't have any voices." Jason asked with a tone of betrayal and confusion. He lied, he did have a little voice in his head that repeatedly told him to go and dissect something. He always liked dissection, but actually doing it is different.

"Jason.. You told me that ever since you dissected that cow you've just wanted to go back and do more. Considering your age thats not a good thing- I never should've let you get a turn, you're not ready to comprehend what dissection really means."

"Yes I do! You cut things open for science. It's not something I should be forced to take meds for."

"Oh just take the damn pills or I'll force them down!" His mother snapped. He flinched back at the sudden hostility and nodded quickly before taking the antipsychotic meds and downing one right away. She smiled and dismissed him, then looked at the father. "That went well. There's no reason to sugarcoat it." She swapped attitudes and smiled.

"Go easy on him, Jackie. He knows a lot for his age, you didnt think he was going to just take them right away did you? It wasn't even his fault he has to take 'em, he's got my genes." He looked down in shame.

"William, you baby that kid, he's not an idiot. He would've found some way to not take em, so you have to scare him into submission." The mother innocently claimed as she got up and walked away. The male sat there in contemplation as he thought about his wife. 'Jackie.. you're run him into the ground. Since when has she been this way?'

Flashback end~

"You ready, Johnny?" Jason cackled before bringing down the small cutting tool. Johnathan tried to scream but was stopped by a gag that was in his mouth, thanks to Jason thinking ahead. He finally made contact with the boy's stomach and began to cut a line down. The room filled with muffled screames and it continued. Once he had finished he carefully peeled the skin off of his abdomin. Power coursed through his veins with every movement. "The feeling I get from this is great. I'm like a king, I have power of your pathetic life. I can kill you, or let you live. Its wonderful!" He chuckled darkly. Johnathan looked at him with pleading, but fading, eyes, but it was no use. He wasn't going to make it and from the look in Jason's eyes he wasn't going to show mercy. Jason had a brilliant idea, he wanted to hear the scream of his patient so he ripped out the gag.

"Please... Stop!" Johnathan whined as Jason cut off little chucks of the wall of his skin. "Why... why are you so-... Cruel." Johnathan paused to catch his breath. Jason slowly looked over to him and smiled.

"Why am I like this? Well usually, I'm calm cause the voices in my head aren't as loud. But thats cause I've been taking drugs all my life!" Jason let his head go towards Johnathan's. "I quit taking them recently, can you tell? Going cold turkey gave me a durge of energy and thoughts. I no longer have to hide these feelings cause I got a human test subject." Jason took a minute to looked towards the cellar door. "Looknat me now mom, happy you spent all that money on those drugs?!" Jason shouted.

"You're... Insane." Johnathan muttered as he struggles to stay alive. (Hamilton)

A dark but restained chuckle left his lips before snapping his head up. "I'M NOT INSANE." Jason snapped as he slammed his scalpel down onto a random organ. He looked and saw that he had stabbed his heart. "Shit." Jason realized he had just cut his fun time in half. Johnathan's eyes widened as he tried to scream in pain. He slowly started to close his eyes, he was dying as the room started to fade. "Well, gnight Johnny." Jason smirked as he took his last breath. "Where am I going to hide you?" Jason asked himself as he looked around. He spotted the cabinet his father left all of his old doctor outfits in. Jason quickly cleaned the scene and picked up the body, carrying it closer to a closet He opened it and almost dropped the body. "You fucking bastard... I needed antipsychotics?" Jason shook his head as he viewed upon the dozens of what appeared to be human hearts and organs that had been stored up in the closet. He threw the body on the floor and shut it tight. "Good thing my mom doesn't come down here." Jason laughed as he walked up the stairs. He made his way towards his room and shut his door tight. He turned his gaze towards the bottle of pills that had sat upon his desk. "God these things suck!" He raised his voice as he threw them at the wall. After trtjng to comprehend what happened, he finally picked it up and opened the lid. "I guess I need to keep taking 'em. If I stop now, I'll just have another fit and I don't want to hurt (Y/n)." he shook his head and downed a few pills. "One day... she'll won't have to be scared of me, cause she'll be just as broken."
______________________________

(Edited)