12 (✓)

VERONICA

My saturday was the usual. Locked up in my room. Well, except for the times that I went places with John. But that was the past.

Talking about John right now- I want to ask him why he said all those things especially the hang yourself part. Really that was the lowest someone can go on me. It was really hard for me not to break down just thinking of my sister. He knew, yet... he still said it. I don't know what to think, does he want me to go down the same path that my sister went, but I don't blame her, she had her reasons. John had gone too low, and he knew it. What sucks even more is that Melissa was there and heard everything, but I guess she didn't know the real meaning of it. I hope not.

I still need to talk to him, but I'm really scared that I will forgive him or something. But not today, today I have to get my mind clear especially from him and...Toby.

Toby has been giving me these weird feelings you can say. Something I have never felt. I doubt that I like him, but then thinking of it I always have this weird goofy smile whenever I think of how he laughs, his smile, his corny jokes, ugh! I cannot like him, especially him. Even if I did, I would never get a chance with him, Like c'mon he is the 'Hot-Shot' of the school, and me I'm just the Nerd at school. It might be written in some cliché story somewhere out there but this- this is reality, were not in a fairytale. I just got to get over this small little crush I have on him.

So here I am listing to The Script Breakeven, eating some ruffles and watching re-runs of The Foster. I was going to watch all 5 Resident Evil movies but I didn't want to watch it alone, maybe when Toby comes-UGH!

Get over it!!

Well, anyway I'm just happy that it's a saturday and I have nothing to do. I'm still in what I was wearing yesterday. Just have to close my eyes and relax- My phone then started ringing and it made me jump out of bed and hide beside it. Damn that thing. I compose myself and went to it without looking at the I.D.

"Hello?" I said bored.

"Hey" He said from the other line.

"Toby?" I asked uncertain and pulling the phone out of my ear to look at the contact, and my guess had been right. I put the phone on my ear right after he said 'yeah'

"So what happened?" I asked slowly.

"Oh, nothing, just bored and I have nothing to do" He replies casually.

"But I thought you said that you had plans and that's why we worked yesterday" I said remembering what he had told me yesterday before coming over to my house.

"Oh, yeah but change of plans, my sister is busy with her boyfriend right now and said we would do it some time later" He said.

"Oh, well what were you guys going to do?"

"We were going to go to the movies and stuff because we were both bored"

"Well, i'm not busy right now, maybe we can hang out" I said before I thought twice about the words that had just come out of my mouth. I slapped my forehead and said a "I don't know why I just said that sorry"

"No, it's cool i'll pick you up in 15 minutes, see you later" Then he hanged up.

What have I just done. I'm supposed to be getting over this little crush, and now i'm hanging out with him? What the heck?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes later and a knock came from downstairs. Good thing my parents were asleep. I jumped out of my bed, got my phone, keys, wallet, and went outside locking my room. I was about to reach the stairs when I hear moaning from next door. Hold up- eeeeewwwww. I made a face and went downstairs running. I opened the door as fast as I can and closed it behind me fast but quiet so they wouldn't hear. I put my back on the door and gave a sigh. That was the most disturbing thing in the world. I opened my eyes and saw that Toby was looking at me with amusement on his face.

"What happened?" He asked walking to his car. I followed after a few minutes later, trying to forgot what I had just heard.

"Something I shouldn't have heard" I said, making a gagging noise so he would know what I meant and wouldn't have to say it. He through his head back in laughter and I just scowled. "That's not funny. It's disgusting"

"It's kind of funny" he said calming down. I punched him playfully in the arm and then he turned to me with a small smile on his lip.

"So what do you want to do. You were the one who suggested it" He smirked. I blushed a bit.

"You're the one that called" I gave him him my own smirk. He looked surprised, then shrugged, turning around and getting out of my driveway and into the street.

"But you're the one that brought up the topic about us hanging out" He replied.

"Cocky much?" I asked.

"Very much" He teased back. I just laughed and then we just started to talk about random stuff.

It's pretty fun hanging out with him, I admit and I don't know why people always call him things like saying he's always thinking he's on top of the world and stuff. I also wonder why John and him hate each other. I turned to look at him and ask "Where are we going?"

"Just wait" he said. Then came to a stop in a red light.

I wanted to ask but kept my mouth shut and looked out the window. I saw families, couples, old people, kids, and just people that were walking alone. But my eyes focused on one particular couple who were holding hands and laughing. The girl had long wavy brown and skin that reminded me of Toby. The guy next to her had short brown hair and skin that kind of looked like mine.

Toby followed my gaze and said "Oh, that's my sister and her boyfriend. Do you want to meet her?" He asked. I looked at him and simply nodded. Toby knew about my family and now it was time to meet his. He made U-turn and parked next to a small coffee shop where the couple were sitting in. Toby got out of the car and I followed after him.

We walked inside and headed towards the girl who was facing us and the guy who had his back on us. The girl looked up and smiled looking at her brother but then gaze fell on me and her smiled dropped. What did I do? She kept glancing from me to her boyfriend then back at me. She looked shocked with her mouth opened and eyes in shock.

The guy finally turned around and my phone had dropped making a sound on the tile floor of the shop. He looked as shock as me.

"Veronica?" He had asked and his voice made my chest tighten.

I was out of breath but I managed to choke out.

"Scott?"