Chapter 58.

Six weeks later..... 

School was over and I was in a whole new place. College life was upon me. So was the single life.

I didn't attend the ceremony for graduation. It wasn't that I didn't want to see Toby, but because i just didn't feel like looking at anybody...even though I would have loved to have seen Melissa's face. 

I stayed home with Scott finishing the last things that I need to pack. There wasn't much, just some old clothes and shoes. Scott had some old photos that he had gotten back at the old house. I decided to take some with me. 

I honestly missed Toby like hell but I haven't broken down, yet. Not ever since the day it happened.He helped me through a lot. I believe that if I never met him I would have given up a long time and I wouldn't be here going to college from a scholarship that I had gotten from the school. 

I attended UCLA. It wasn't a bad school. My major was literature and my minor was creative writing. I had other classes too. Such as; psychology, design arts, and computer science. 

So far I have been spending my nights in different hotels. I had to find a job and then I was planning to get a dorm. 

A small coffee shop two blocks away from the school was hiring. I had applied two days ago, but haven't got a call back. 

For the past two weeks all I have been doing is worrying about school, skyping Scott with the computer he bought me, and applying to jobs around school. 

******

"Read to page 245 by tomorrow. I want a 2 page summary of what your thoughts are so far into the book." Mr. Hamilton said. "Have a good day, students." 

He got his suitcase and walked out of the class. 

I sighed. "No sleep for me tonight I guess."

Everybody groaned and started to leave. 

I began to pack up my stuff when I suddenly felt a soft tap on my shoulder. 

"Excuse me?" 

I turned around to come face to face with a guy. Black hair, gray eyes, piercings.

"Nathan?!" I screamed and jumped onto his arms. It hasn't been that long that we have seen each other but not seeing them everyday was just weird now. 

"Hey, Veronica." He chuckles and hugs back. "Glad to see you too, kiddo." 

"I've missed you so much." I let go. "What are you doing here?" I got my stuff and started to walk with him towards the exit. "I'm pretty sure you don't come here. I haven't seen you at all." 

"Nah, I took the year off. I'm helping my mom and brother." His long legs walk too fast that I try to walk in sync with him. "I decided to just come pay you a visit. No one annoys me as much as you do." 

"Hey!" I playfully punch him on his arm. "You love me." I laugh. 

We walked quiet for around five minutes. 

"You wanna go get some coffee? Theirs a coffee shop two blocks from here." I look inside my backpack for my keys. 

"Yeah, sure." 

I lead him to side of the school we're bikes are locked. I get Scott's old one and unlock it. 

***

I sip my black coffee, looking around the small vintage shop. 

"Veronica, I came here to for two reasons." Nathan spoke after a while of pure silence. "I also came to talk to you about, Toby." 

I looked down at my coffee, not wanting the waterworks to come out. I breath in and out quietly. "What is there to talk about? He broke up with me..." I sipped my coffee again. 

"Well, you need to understand that he was hurt. I'm not saying you weren't hurt either...but you should know that you were the most serious relationship he had ever been in. He didn't know how to react. 

"That night when he broke up with you, he went straight to his house-" I didn't know that. I did stay in my room the whole night after he walked out. "- I had left after him. He was shaking so bad, his hair was a mess, his eyes were bloodshot. I had never seen him this bad." 

"Then, why did he brake with me? I thought that we could have worked it out. I know it was bad thing to keep the secret away from him, but I didn't want him to do something that he would regret later. I would never forgive myself. I just don't get why he gave up on us so easily." 

Nathan shook his head. "He broke up with you because he didn't want to hold you back from wanting to do whatever you wanted to do." 

"All I wanted was for him to do something that he wanted to do. I didn't want him moving away from his mom on leaving you guys just for me..." I sighed. My coffee was getting cold. "How is he?" 

"He's pretending that everything is fine." 

I turned away from Nathan and wiped my face with the sleeve of my sweater. I didn't want to cry. 

"Maybe he is. Maybe he gave up on us." I whispered. A small hiccup came over me. More tears fell. I looked down at my lap. 

I heard Nathan's chair scrape on the floor. Warmth over came and i hugged his waist, tightly, not wanting to let go. 

"C'mon I'll take you to your hotel. Scott gave me the direction." 

I nodded, sniffed, wiped my face, and grabbed my backpack. 

We waited outside the shop while the cab that Nathan had contacted came. He said he would come for Scott's bike later. 

**

We got to my hotel room and that's when I truly broke. 

Nathan held me there like a brother would to his sister. He caressed my back and told me that everything happens for a reason. 

We stayed like that for an hour or so. 

"I forgot I have homework." I groaned. 

"Don't do it, you're not in any condition to be doing homework." Nathan lectured. 

"I'm perfectly fine." I gave him a weak smile. 

"Don't be like Toby. You're both the same." He shook his head. "Well, I should be going. I promise you I'll come visit soon again. I'll even bring Roman and Dash." 

I smiled. "Please do. I miss those two, also." 

We hugged one last time before he was gone. 

I read the pages until midnight. I couldn't concentrate at all. Writing the summary was worst. I couldn't put my thoughts into words. I finished around two in morning. 

I left my computer on the whole night, listing to The Fray. 

Oh, Toby. 

________________

HIYA! How are you guys? 

FUNFACT: Their will only be two chapters after this one. And it's a promise that they will both be out before the year ends lol. 

IG: a.bdi.c 
Ever need to talk to somone? Kik : _abbdiiii_