"There you are, Ace," he purred.  "I had just told Nikki here about you.  Rory, this is Nikki.  Nikki, this is my girlfriend, Rory," Logan supplied.

"It's so nice to meet you, Nikki," Rory replied as she held her hand out to greet the other woman and plastered on her best society smile.

"Sure, it's nice to meet you as well," Nikki answered with no shortage of annoyance as she took Rory's hand and shook it.

Logan watched the interaction with amusement, impressed that Rory didn't back down from the other woman.  Nikki showed no signs of backing down, though.

"Oh, I'm sorry.  Is this supposed to be your chair?" Nikki asked with fake concern, still not showing any sign of intending to move.

"Don't worry about it," Logan replied.  "Rory's more than welcome to sit here," he finished as he gently pulled Rory around the chair and into his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Now certain that Logan was trying to get rid of the blonde, Rory decided to help push the girl right over the edge.

"Oh, sweetie," she responded with a giggle, "you're so sweet."  Rory wrapped her arms around Logan's neck and pulled him close to her, kissing him slowly and sensually as she ran her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck.  They broke apart breathless in the midst of Finn's wolf whistles and group's laughter.  Nikki had apparently stormed off during the display of affection.

"That was hilarious!" Steph cried as she laughed with tears in her eyes.  "The look on her face was priceless.  If looks could kill I think you'd be dead right now, Rory."

"Well, it's a good thing I have my strong protector boyfriend then," Rory shot back with a smirk in Logan's direction.  She went to stand up and move into the now-vacated chair next to Logan and was stopped as he wrapped his arms around her tighter.

"Nope, you're not going anywhere, missy.  I think I need you to protect me now," he chuckled.  The group dissolved into more laughter as they enjoyed their drinks and broke into conversation.

Rory and Logan returned to her room an hour later, happily buzzed and relaxed, and fell onto her couch in a fit of laughter as they joked about Nikki's reaction to Rory.

"That was epic, Ace.  I must say, you're a master."

"What can I say?  I learned from Lorelai Victoria Gilmore-Hayden II, who is the absolute master," Rory said with a laugh.

"I think you learned well, grasshopper.  Now, about that kiss..." he trailed off.

"Hmm?  What about it?"

"I think I need a repeat," he whispered in her ear, sending shivers through her whole body.

"Is that so?" she asked with a coy smile.  "I think that can be arranged."

She turned and slid into his lap, her knees on either side of his legs, and pulled him close.  She caught his lower lip between hers, nibbling and teasing him with her tongue, and she tangled her fingers in his hair.  Logan quickly responded by wrapping his arms around her and met her intensity with his kisses, first on her lips and then down her neck and behind her ear as his hands moved to her back.  She moaned into his mouth as his hands found the exposed skin between her jeans and shirt, and he almost lost all self control at the sound.  It had to be the sexiest sound he'd ever heard in his entire life, and he marveled at how kissing Rory on the couch was more sensual than anything he'd ever done with another woman.  He slowly pulled himself back from the edge, his kisses becoming softer and less demanding, and he laughed to himself as he heard her whine when he pulled back.