7. Time for Istikhara.

Comenzar desde el principio

"Samaah, today at work, I went to a dude's desk, and you know what he was reading about? Selling chickens for profit!" Saamih said, and that set of Samaah for another fit of laughter. That made me smile too. I mean, why on earth would you sell chickens for profit if you had a well paying job like Saamih's? I supposed that guy was doing something creepy and that was his backup page incase someone approached.

After eating and cleaning up, I was in a much better mood and decided to finish up my assignment. It took me about two hours to get it done, and to be honest, it wasn't my best project, but I really didn't care, because I needed to talk to Samaah.

I shut my laptop and looked at the bed across. Samaah was sitting there, with a fat psychology textbook and wearing her large, thick, black framed reading glasses. Her hair was tied in a tight scarf because she had an annoying habit of plucking out her hair strands when she's focusing on something.

"Samaah, I need to talk to you," I said. She looked up at me from her textbook.

"So do I. I wanted to tell you, we've 2 days for this whole thing so please let's not discuss it now," she said, looking back at her textbook.

"Samaah, by pushing something away for later, you can't avoid what is to come. I know you're denying this whole thing. You have to learn how to face things. You have to face this, Samaah. Two days or not, the decision has to be made either way so why not do it now? Besides, we even have to perform istikhara. The sooner all this is done, the better. I'd prefer to be sure than to still be 'thinking about it'," I said.

Samaah sighed and shut her textbook. She pulled out her glasses from her face and looked at me.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked. I knew that she knew very well what I wanted to talk about, but this was Samaah we're talking about. The one who likes to avoid what she doesn't want to face and so, finds herself constantly in denial. Then when things actually happen, she breaks down because she wasn't willing to accept them in the first place. I know that she pushed this marriage issue completely to the back of her mind and avoided thinking about it, completely.

"Which of the twins do you want?" I asked her.

"I don't know," she replied, simply.

"Samaah," I said, warningly.

"Alright. You tell me, who do you want?" She fired at me. I bit my lip.

I didn't know who I wanted either. But I knew something about Samaah. And that was, she was intrigued by archery. She always wanted to learn it. And besides, she found archers very attractive. I had, on several occasions, seen her on Google images searching for pictures of archers and when I caught her, she would get all flustered. I knew Arif liked archery. Even though there was nothing else that he had which would appeal to Samaah, atleast the fact that he liked archery would be something she would like about him. I didn't want to tell her that, because I knew how her denial system worked. She would deny that she likes archery and that would lead to one thing and the other and we would be back where we started. So even though there was nothing, and by nothing, I meant nothing, that I liked about Asif, and that I had in common with him, I replied to Samaah.

"Asif," I replied. That earned me a whole load of teasing from Samaah.

"Ooohhh, Samiha has a crush on Asif!" She teased. Little did she know, I only said his name because I was thinking in her own best interest. I had nothing to like about Asif, but atleast she had one thing that she could like about Arif. Atleast the archery part could make her a little interested in him.

"Shut up Samaah!" I snapped.

"Alright, first tell me, why Asif, if you don't have a crush on him?" She asked. Then I remembered something. I didn't want her to think I entirely based my decision on her, so I had to add something else.

"Well, these two were in my class. So one of Asif's friends threw a severe tantrum, because he had a temper. Apparently, his was even worse than mine. No one could calm him down except Asif. So what with my personality, I guess Asif is the one who can handle me from those two. Besides, you are interested in archery. Arif loves archery. The two of you can bond over archery!" I said, teasing her over the last part. She threw a pillow at me.

"I'm not going to be bonding with the dude. And who said I liked archery?" She said.

"Samaah, you can lie to anyone but not me, alright? I know you're the one who catches liars but in your case, you can never lie to your sis. You find archery interesting, he likes archery and engages in it. So atleast there is some plus point for you. Asif is completely useless for me, apart from the fact that he can handle temper tantrums. But I'm not sure about that too, because Arif didn't mention that about him. It's just my own assumption," I said.

"Okay fine. Your idea is good. It doesn't matter who we pick anyway, because frankly, they look completely alike, both of them are jerks, and it's not like we're attracted to any of them. At least they are practicing though. I want a religious husband," she said, finally giving in. I mentally fist-pumped. Finally! I hated this discussion and was glad to be over and done with it.

One more thing was left before we finalised anything and talked to dad. It was now time for Istikhara.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Done with this too. I hope my readers are enjoying my story.

So it seems like the Ariaah ship and the Asmiha ship are sailing. Lets see what happens.

So, if y'all have any suggestions and opinions, please let me know.

And lastly, please vote and comment.

Thanks guys, for reading this. It means a lot.