The War Begins-14

A/N

Warning! Grab a box of tissues.

*Annabeth*

The days passed quickly and all too soon, it was the morning of the war. We gathered everyone before dawn and started getting them in position. We had rows of demigods with my Commanders and some other people from Chaos's army in front. The Hunters were in trees and on building, out of sight so thy could easily shoot the enemy. The children of Apollo also in hiding with the Hunters. The children of Aphrodite were positioned in the back since they weren't as good of fighters as the rest, with the exception of Piper. The children of Mars and Ares were in the font since they were children of war. I had my knife at easy reach and two swords in my hand

*************************************

We heard the monsters before we saw them. I was getting anxious, the gods were supposed to be here to help us, but they weren't. once the army was in view, I saw Nyx and Kronos leading them.

"There's 5000 of them at the least." Revenge whispered. "We do not have the numbers to defeat them."

"At this point, we just got to give it our best and hope everything goes right." I told him.

"No offense, but do you even know what you're doing?"

"When does a demigod ever know what they're doing?" I answered him. he stayed quiet so I guess our conversation was over. I could tell he was scared. Everyone was scared. If they weren't scared, they were insane or faking.

************************************

By dawn, blood was spilled. It was terrible, but I kept with rhythm. Stab, slash, behead. Soon, I was covered in monster dust. I was trying to make it to Nyx but the army was protecting her. I saw Percy also struggling to make it to Kronos, but he was surrounded by monsters. After I stabbed the dracaenae I was fighting, I turned around just in time to see Piper get stabbed.

"NO!" I heard Jason yell. I knew he was heart broken, especially if he didn't forgive her after he found out she was a spy.

Tears blurred my vision but I had to keep going. They couldn't know who I was. I could barely see through the tears in my eyes, but I managed to keep fighting. I saw Jason, he was crying and trying to fight his way to Piper, but monsters kept coming. She would bleed out before anyone would get to her.

After a while, I found my chance to run and get closer to Nyx. I tripped over a fallen ones sword. I looked down to see the face of Omega.

"No," I whispered. "No, no, no! Not again! LUKE! Please get up," I felt for a pulse, but there was none. "NO! I cant lose you again" I screamed. A monster headed towards me, ready to fight. I couldn't linger any longer, I had to keep going. I kept telling myself to keep going, keep fighting, but that didn't stop the tears from streaming down my face. How did he die!? He was one of my best fighters. I didn't look to see who else had fallen, I kept my eyes focused of the monsters.

I fought and fought for what seemed like eternity. I got a couple bad cuts, but otherwise I wasn't too badly injured. I helped people out when they were too far outnumbered, but I was still trying to make my way to Nyx. she just stood there on top of the hill like she owned the place. At that thought, anger boiled in the pit of my stomach. She will not win this war as long as I'm breathing! This is not her home or territory!

I went to go help Reyna with the three monsters she was currently fighting on her own, when a fourth came up behind her and stabbed her through the heart. The monster slowly pulled the sword out of her as she fell to the ground dead. I was so angry and sad I could scream and cry all day, but instead I killed all four of the monsters. Around me demigods were struggling to fight the army, but this was child's play to me.

After a couple of hours I reached Nyx. she turned to me with her sword ready. I looked deep into her eyes and saw fear. I gave a small chuckle.

"Your scared, and you should be," smirking as I said this.

"As should you. Child of Athena, you cannot win against me."

"Says who?" I retorted, a little disquieted that she knew who I was with my hood up.

Annoyed, she tried to stab me, but I parried. So the fight begins. As we were fighting I caught a glimpse of Percy fighting Kronos, he seemed to be doing ok. We were winning, but for how long?

A/N

Incase you forgot, here's a list of what the commanders code names are.

Bianca-Zombie

Zoe-Stars

Ethan-Revenge

Luke-Omega

Beckendorf-Hammer

Silena-Dove