Mob Boss In Disguise |Chapter Three|

"You know, you were being rude to that guy." JJ told Janelle as soon as she closed the door behind her.

Jacob Robinson, the second youngest child of five peaked his head up from the side of the wall that was blocking the living room and the hallway to the door. "What guy?" Jake was the tallest out of the siblings. He had his hair cut short and wild, brown eyes. Jake was only twenty- eight with one son, Jacob Jr., and a "crazy" baby mother, Tania. Now, of course, she had her issues with the family besides Janelle. Janelle was the type to see the good in everyone. Even though, she may come off a little rude and standoffish.

"How was I being rude, Jessie? I spoke to him and welcomed him into the neighborhood."

"What guy?" Jake asked but yet again the girls ignored him.

JJ put her hand on her hip. "It was the tone of your voice, Nelly. He was looking at you like that because of how you spoke to him."

"Hello, who's him?"

"Stay out of this, Jake." JJ stood at the doorway.

Janelle rolled her eyes. "That was definitely not the look he was giving me. That look was..." Her voice trailed off as she thought back to how his sparkling, ocean blue eyes stared at her as if he was looking so deeply into her soul.

She had felt exposed by his look but, unlike other men whose eyes would wonder down, his eyes were transfixed on her beautiful brown eyes. She noticed as she had gotten close to him that he was insanely attractive. He had a tannish, vanilla color to him but his skin was smooth. He had midnight black long hair that was perfectly well taken care of. His mustache was neatly trimmed and had stubbles across his chin, from a previous beard growing in that he had gotten shaved. He was tall almost six five and she felt intimidated by the way he stood with power and grace. She knew not of what he does for a living or his fake, temporary life but she knew that he didn't exactly look like your typical nerd with glasses on. He was handsome. He had made grey sweatpants and a white shirt look amazing. She could easily see the muscular physique through his shirt and she could hardly keep her eyes from it.

Someone cleared their throat that brought Janelle back to reality. Jake was now standing up next to her. "What guy?" He was like all brothers: Protective and annoying. Just like her other two brothers. Even though, Janelle was the eldest, they still acted like that "big brother" role and she couldn't complain. Their parents had died when she was only sixteen years old. She was forced to grow up quicker or they would've been sent to foster care.

When they died in a horrible car accident, they left the house in the will for her and she allowed her siblings and their families stay with her. Her and her family were originally from New Jersey but her mother had visited Arizona once and wanted to go back. So, they moved to Arizona when she was ten.

Janelle was only thirty- two years old. She is the only one besides the "baby" brother, who is twenty- four, Shawn Robinson also known as Robin Hood or DJ Robin Hood, who doesn't have any kids or are in a relationship, engaged, or married. But, they have two different reasons of why though. It's surprising to them how he still doesn't have kids from all of the females he had messed around with. He is a player and can never keep a girl no longer than a day or two, if that.

She, on the other hand, was always busy with work, volunteering, or visiting Supai's waterfall whenever she needs a break. She had only been in a relationship once and it ended pretty bad for her considering the fact that her ex- fiance was having an affair with her former "Best friend." After that, she cut herself off from dating and sex. She decided to focus on everyone else's needs but hers. She had became selfless over the years. She had to since she took care of her siblings at a young age.

"The new neighbor." JJ nodded her head towards the side of the house.

His eyes slightly widened. "Oh, they finally came?"

"Not they... He finally came." JJ answered. "His name is Nicholas but he says call him by Nick." Jake raised his eyebrow before nodding shortly. "He's extremely sexy."

Janelle scoffed. "He was decent looking, Jake. He wasn't even all that." Who was she fooling? That man was all of that and then some. Maybe she was just trying to convince herself that she wasn't attracted to him; but that only made it worse.

She turned around before her eyes exposed her true feelings and made her way to the stairs. "You know he was fine as hell, Nelly. Don't even play." JJ had followed behind her. She turned her head towards her older brother, Jake. "He was the finest piece of white meat I've ever seen."

"Wait a minute, he's white?"

Janelle tried to ignore their conversation. She did. But, her mind was so captivated on that man called Nicholas. He was like nothing she had seen before. And, not because he was white, hell they practically lived in an area with majority of white people, he just had a very distinct look to him. She proceeded up the stairway. There was eight bedrooms in the house in all and hers was at the top of the house. She did that for privacy. And, that's one word her siblings knew nothing of.

Once she pulled her legs up the final step, she quickly unlocked her bedroom door and shut it closed. Sighing, she sat her purse on the bed before walking over to her walk-in closet. She was a neat person. She liked everything perfect and smooth. One side of the closet, her clothing were folded diligently while the other side her shoes were paired with the match.

She grabbed one pair of her blue jeans shorts and a black long sleeve shirt. She went in the bathroom and took a shower. After awhile, she got out, drying off and putting on the clothes. She put her waterful socks on before putting her previous clothes in the dirty clothes hamper that was placed underneath the sink.

She pulled her now wet hair into a tight bun before making her way downstairs. She knew she had to cook dinner or they wouldn't eat for the night. Her siblings believed the eldest should do all of the work. Work as in house cleaning, cooking, and paying bills. She was used to it. She did everything for them since they were younger, since their parents died.

Making her way into the kitchen that was rebuilt from scratch by her father, she began the process of cooking by grabbing a pot and a pan. She planned to make a simple dish of Hamburger Helper. Tonight was no special occasion so there was no need to make a special dinner.

Janelle grabbed four boxes of Cheeseburger flavor and grabbed the ground beef, that she had asked Jake to put out before she got home so it could thaw out, before putting the ground beef in the pan and putting the noodles in the pot then added water in it. She turned two stove isles on.

After she had finished the food, she had made plates for everyone before placing them on the dining room table. Thankfully, the table had already been made and she knew she had to thank JJ. Besides her, JJ was the only one who would help out occasionally considering they worked with each other. She grabbed glass cups and poured juice in there before placing it back into the fridgerator.

"Dinner." She called out.

Suddenly she heard rumbling on the carpet and hardwood floors. This was the usual sound when she called for dinner. Everyone would rush to the dining room. The group of nine had emerged from different directions to get to the table. Janelle lived with her four younger siblings, their partners and children. The house was crowded but at least she wasn't alone. She didn't know what she would do if she lived alone, and not her siblings. They might be annoying but she loved them darely.