Chapter 20- "Final Decision"

Jade instantly found herself waking up with a gasp as she said "I know how I got pregnant."

*Jade's pnt. Of view*

Everyone stood frozen after my outburst, until my mom cleared her throat and said "Jade? What happened? You went into shock."
" I know, I felt it, but I think it was a defense mechanism or something, but anyway while I was going into shock, I somehow had a flashback and I know how it happened."
"What happened?" Questioned my mom.
"Um..." I said looking around the room, "may I get some privacy with my family please, but take the twins out."

And soon everyone filed out the room, except for my parents.

When they both sat down waiting for the explanation, I took a deep breath and explained everything from when I lost my memory, to losing my virginity, to getting my memory back, to making my escape, and till this day.

Of course I didn't detail everything as far as me losing my virginity, because well those are my parents, and that would be very awkward and embarrassing.

Anyway, by the end of my story, my dad was fuming, my mom on the other hand looked down right murderous.

"So he took it without consent? He took advantage of you?!" Boomed my father, as he found himself pacing back and forth, something he does when he's trying his best to calm down.
"Well, he did take advantage of my memory loss, but I think I gave him consent. Think about it, at that time I believed that I was his wife, and well one of the five principles of love and marriage is physical touch, so I thought I was doing the right thing. But now I realized that it totally slipped my mind that I was a virgin, I mean you can't be married for two years and still be a virgin. But at the time that didn't come to mind. I'm sorry." I found myself apologizing to my parents.
"Jade baby, it's okay, it wasn't your fault. But you have an important decision to make." Explained my mom.
"What is that?" I asked, tears slowly raining from my eyes.
"Are you gonna keep it? The baby? Do you feel like you are willing to care and nurture for it no matter what? Think about it." Was what my mom said, then she took my father's hand, and they exited the room.

I instantly found my mind calculating the answer to my mom's question.

Do I want to keep it? Am I willing to care and nurture it? Even though the circumstances under which it was conceived is not the best story to tell.

That answer is yes. I'm willing to do so.

Because that is a blessing, it is a testimony of everything I've been through, and yet I came out on top. It will be living proof of the strong women that run in the Reaves family.

I could care less about who looks down upon me for being a single mom, but I will take care of it, and I will never make the mistake of calling it a mistake.

Because it wasn't.

I'm going to be a mom, and I couldn't help the way my heart skipped happily at the thought.

I placed a hand on my flat stomach as I secretly promised to love it, care for it, nurture it, and make sure to always be there.

About an hour later, someone came to see me.

It was Jonah.

When he first noticed me, he became shy, and as he rubbed the back of his neck he said "hey, um may I talk to you for a second? If you're not busy, or if you want to be alone, I can go and come back later. I mean I-"
"Jonah!" I said with a smile.
He looked over at me, surprised, then I continued "sit, breathe, and talk to me."
"Yes, well um..." He mumbled as he pulled the chair and sat down facing me.

He started fiddling with his thumbs, and he couldn't seem to look at me, "Jonah? What is it?"
"Okay..." he said, breathing out a quick puff of air " look, I know I'm  gonna sound like a total jerk or idiot for saying what I'm about to say, but the truth is I'm attracted to you. And I know you're gonna say that you just got out of a relationship, and you just found out that you're pregnant, and that you're gonna reject me, but I just wanted to let you know. I um, I know we just met like not so long ago, but you've got my attention, you have my curiosity peaked, and I can't help but to desire to get closer to you, get to know you, and if anything be there for you. I'm sorry, but this is how I truly feel, but I just want you to know, I most definitely understand if you don't want to be with me, or get involved with me in any way, but I just had to let you know." Jonah delivered his speech that left me flabbergasted.