Chapter 5- "Her Dream?"

I looked away muttering "Oh God." As his laughter filled the back of the car, and to be honest it was a beautiful sound, jovial  and contagious, because I soon found myself laughing along.

*Jade's pnt. of view*

After a while our laughter died down, and we were both soon drowned in our own personal bubble and thoughts.

My thoughts quickly drifted to Dean and my family. I don't know for exactly how long I was asleep, but I'm pretty sure an hour should be up by now, since that's how long Lucas ordered for his men to hold the people hostage.

God I hope they're alright.

Tears suddenly welled up on my eyes, as images of my family crying flashed before me, but I quickly shook them away and instead looked over at Lucas, who seem buried in his thoughts.

*Lucas's pnt of view*

Her moaning resonated in mind even minutes after she's woken up...

I was looking down at Jade laying on my knee after I sorta knocked her out, and soon she was once again conscious but asleep.

Her soft skin was highlighted by every sunbeam that shone through the car window, and soon she relaxed her position on my body.

She looked like an angel, breathing softly, dreaming about God knows what.

Looking down at Jade I realized appearance-wise Jade resembles Marley, but in any other aspect I don't know Jade as I know Marley.

I am not sure what her true colors are, but I'm willing to find out. Maybe I don't want Jade just cause she reminds me of Marley.

Yes she looks like Marley, but that's not the reason why I want her. No. Call me selfish, but I think the reason I want her is because I need her.

There is a hole in my heart that was made by Marley's death, and once I laid eyes on Jade, I didn't care about who she was, I just knew that I would have her be the one to fill that hole.

I may have stripped her from her family, but as a man with a heart that suffered seeing his loved one being tortured and kill, I am desperate for love.

I am desperate to feel what I used to feel, I wanna feel the fireworks, I wanna feel what people feel in the stories, or what is portrayed in the movies all the time.

I've tried dating other women, but I soon became this overprotective maniac, always looking over my shoulder, taking over these girls' lives, but that only caused them to be freaked out by me, so dating was no longer an option.

But it wasn't my fault, whenever I got attached to a girl, I felt as though he would take her away from me, and so all I did was to protect them, but it also meant I was terrorizing them.

The saddest part of all this is that I couldn't actually tell them why I was being overprotective.

I mean how does me saying "so babe there's this maniac after me  who killed my first wife, and since we're close he might be coming for you too, so you know just watching your back." Sound?

Yeah, not good.

I realized Marley's death changed who I was. And there was no way I was gonna go back to being as naïve as I was.

My thoughts were cleared when Jade suddenly stirred in her sleep, and the faintest sound escaped her lips.

I payed no mind to her, although her unconscious actions piqued my curiosity.