27. Beautiful and Smart, And Not Good For Me

Start from the beginning

"It's only awkward if you let it be awkward."Brendon points out stubbornly, crossing his arms over his chest as he glares at the man before him. He sighs loudly, continuing with his glare that looks nothing intimidating."I'm sorry for kissing you and making you uncomfortable, that was out of my place and I accept any form of punishment you are willing to give me."

"I'm not going to punish you, Brendon."

"It would hurt less than your reaction."And it's only now that Dallon can really hear the extent of  sadness and hurt in Brendon's voice as the hybrid shakes in the middle of the living room, now staring down at his sock covered feet, afraid to look up at the man.

Because Brendon knows why there's that twist in his stomach whenever he smells that weird smell of another person on Dallon or his clothes, or why he finds comfortable and the smell of home found on Dallon and Dallon alone. Or how he loves to be as close to the man as possible during cuddles or raining nights. And now he hates the simple thought of Dallon leaving him for Another person.

It's not just because he's his Daddy but it's because he likes him.

"Baby-"

"Why did you push me away? I can't help who I am, or how I act. I'm a little, and I'm sorry that you feel uncomfortable about kissing me because of that but that's not a valid excuse. I kissed you while in an adult state of mind, with full awareness on what I was doing and I don't regret it."And god, that took so much not to cry.

"Baby, c'mere."Dallon tries for a different approach, trying to dodge the subject by opening his arms up for a hug for the distressed and upset Hybrid before him. He hates the look of sadness on Brendon's face, and he hates it even more so to know that he's the reason why it's there. That his actions are the reason why Brendon is so upset and conflicted about his own feelings.

"No. I'm not coming near you until you tell me the truth, because I told you my past but you fail to ever mention yours."Brendon remains with their distance as he looks over at Dallon with an expression that could be described as longing, because Brendon had built up the courage to spill his guts to Dallon and he's willing to support Dallon as he does to.

Sucking in a sharp breath, Dallon sits back down onto the sofa, resting his head into his hands as he avoids looking up at the Hybrid who remains patient and silent as he waits. Dallon doesn't want to do this, but he knows that Brendon is as stubborn as he is and won't leave the topic alone until he does admit the truth that he's tried so hard to burry and forget.

"I had found out about this lifestyle back in high school when I had first started dating Breezy, the woman you met at the supermarket."Dallon starts off quietly, Brendon's kitten ears twitching whenever he picks up the voice."Back then, I was a dork, a mess of a teenager with too much hormones and very little friends but I was okay with myself. And then I met Breezy and my god, she was everything I was not. Beautiful, smart and not good for me."

Brendon had to hide back his sound of jealousy as he takes a seat in front of Dallon on the floor, pulling his knees up to his chest as he listens.

"I was an awkwardly tall teenager, with borderline anorexia and Breezy had been at the top of the popularity table, Head of Drama with all the curves in the right places. Of course, despite her good there also came a bad. Controlling, Sly, a love for belittling. And I ate it up, of course I did, I was a love sick teenager and I didn't care if she picked fun I'd what I wore or made a comment about how much I ate."