5 - Stressed Out

It had been two weeks since Tyler and Josh had left on tour. Today you were sat on the ground behind the school, phone in hand. You dialled Josh's number, hoping the two were available.

"Hey, (Nickname)!" Hearing his voice again felt like music to your ears. You laughed, happy you were communicating with them again.
"Heya Jishwa. I decided to call while I still have time before going back to class." You shifted so you were sat sideways with your left upper arm supporting you on the wall and pulled your knees up to your chest. "When's the next performance?"
"It's tonight, actually. I'm really pumped for it! Tyler's a little nervous though." You could hear muffled laughter and Tyler's playful shouting on the other line. Suddenly, Tyler was on the line too.

"(Y/N)! It's me, Josh's friend!" You were uncontrollably giggling at this point. It would've been even better if you were all there in person.
"Tyjo! Feels nice to hear your voice again."
"I'm not scared at all! It's Josh who's scared, trust me." Once again, the other line went muffled and all you could hear was two idiots trying to grab the phone to talk to you. You stifled your laughter and waited for someone to talk to you again. Eventually, Josh got the phone back.

"You got our delivery, right? Have you written anything yet?" You still had the A4 notebook, almost half full and tucked away under your bed while you were at school because you didn't want it to get damaged.
"Yeah! I've written all the lyrics for the Blurryface album, and I'm starting on Vessel. You could say I've been writing in there almost every day! Soon enough I'll record my own poetry in there, too."

You spent the next 10 minutes laughing and talking about what you'll do when they both get back from tour until you heard the first bell ring, signalling you should start heading to class.
"Sorry guys, I have to go to class. I'll call you tomorrow!"
"Stay alive, (Nickname)! We'll see you later." Tyler's voice almost sounded eager to keep you on the line, but knew that you had to go. You pressed the "end call" button and shoved your phone in your bag before heading to your next lesson.

~

The next few weeks had been very stressful. Homework was piling up on you, you couldn't sleep and all you wanted to do was call Tyler and Josh and hear them say that everything would be okay. On multiple occasions, you had to go to the school library and later text them and explain why you didn't call. They usually replied saying it's okay and they understand that you're very busy, but you still felt bad. In math class, you didn't have your own human calculator to help you with the answers or your homework. In English class, you didn't have a songwriter on hand to explain how to use semicolons or what a rhetorical question was. On days they weren't available to call in the evenings your motivation dropped harshly. All you had left was your cell phone and your elastic band.

The familiar ringtone of the Taco Bell Saga echoed throughout your room as you lay on the carpeted floor one day during the weekend. You were quick to grasp for it and see that it was Josh's phone calling again.
"Hey, (Y/N)! We just decided to see if you're all good." You smiled, happy to hear their voices again. Of course, you listened to their songs but only in this way could they directly address you right now.
"I think I'm okay. I might be falling sick, and I've been pretty stressed out recently." You sniffed and rubbed at your already sore nose.
"Wanna talk about it?" Josh sounded sympathetic, and so you explained your situation in school.

I'm gonna leave it on a smol cliffhanger here but I hope you enjoyed it ^^