1 - Migraine

You had a migraine, the pain ranging from up, down and sideways. It felt like a giant metal ball was rolling around inside your head, bashing against your skull whenever you moved. You tried your best to sit up in bed, but the metal ball rolled forward and hit your inner forehead, like an older kid forcefully pushing against younger students in the hallway. Either way, you forced yourself out of bed and into some decent clothes for school. The constant stabs of pain in your head made you want to scream, but you didn't want to wake up your neighbours. Though you lived alone in an apartment, the walls were quite thin.

The journey to school felt like an eternity. When you finally got there, you quietly shuffled into your classroom and sat with your head against the desk, hugging your middle with shaky arms. You were situated at the back of the room in a corner since there was no designated seating plan and you liked it best there. Your teacher usually didn't care too much about what you were doing, so you weren't too concerned. That was until a substitute teacher walked in.

"You!" The sharp sound of a wooden ruler hit your desk and startled you. You looked up at her and regretted it. She had slick blonde hair tied up in a neat bun and glasses, with a mean look on her face. "Wake up! Why aren't you paying attention?" Her shrill voice rang through your ears, making your head hurt even more. You were finding it hard to speak.
"I-I... I..." The empty feeling inside quickly turned into panic, and you tried to pull your words together. "I-I-I-I've got a migraine." Your simple sentence almost sounded rhythmic, and reminded you of something though you couldn't remember it at that exact moment. Your vision was quite hazy and you couldn't see the teacher anymore, but the quiet voices of students talking quickly came back and you realised she had left you alone.

You were quick to leave your class and go to a quiet area to spend break, but before you passed the door you felt a hand on your shoulder. You quickly turned to see a boy with bright yellow dyed hair.
"Hey, are you alright now?" Though a minor headache still persisted, you carefully nodded and forced a smile.
"I'm okay, thanks. I'll be alright." You quickly waved and turned to walk away, as you had little experience with unexpected social interaction which lead to a case of anxiety and shyness. You went round to the back of the school and sat next to a tree in the small, grassy space. He was Josh Dun, the drummer from a band that was popular throughout the school. You listened to their songs all the time. Tyler Joseph was the singer, and it was clear the two made a great duo and were best friends. Why would Josh Dun himself notice someone like you? You continued to ponder while picking at the grass in front of you.

Hello!
I hope you liked this first chapter. I'll be sure to update as often as I can, but I do have school and other things that take up a lot of my time so I can't guarantee a regular updating schedule.
Just to let you know, this is a book that contains depressing thoughts and possibly suicidal actions. If you're sensitive to these topics, please be careful while reading this in the future ^^